Sophie Marie born 23/04/2010

gemgti

Reaction score
Well just thought i would pop by and give you all my birth story.

My little girl was born 23/04 1 day early on her daddys birthday at 3.24am weighing 7lb 3oz

Well it all started thursday evening at half 5 with period type pains every 5 mins thought nothing of it as had ben getting a few pains the last few days which normally just disapeared after a while.

Well they started to get a bit more intense and were quickly getting closer together.
Rang OH as he is a lorry driver to check he was on his way home as i was getting pains (dont think he believed me lol) Anyway he got home around 8pm and had a bath and some tea. I just kept on my feet walking about and having to stand through the contractions which were now coming every 3 mins. The only way i can describe them is like really bad period pains.

I gave the labour ward a ring to say i was having them very 3 mins lasting 1 min each and were getting painful. Well whilst on the phone i had a contraction, midwife timed it at 30 secs and told me to stay at home till they were lasting a full min for at least a few hours, and that she would expect me to be making more noise whilst having one to. :dohh:

10 mins later i was back on the phone saying i was coming in was in pain and had now started to have bloody show.

The car journey was awfull its about half hour to the hospital and in the car OH was timing the contrations at coming every 2 mins. Sitting on the car seat was awfull i had to kneel on it and face though to the back of the car.

Upon ariving at the hospital i was showed to a delivery room and told a midwife would pop along to check me soon. Well the pain was getting intense and 20 mins later no one had been, they were very busy that night it was about half 10-11 ish now i dont really remember. so i rang the buzzer to get the midwife.

Midwife got me on the bed to check me i was thinking god please dont send me home at 2cm or something coz i really cant do it and i will cry.

Well i was so shocked when she said i was a good 8-9cm Me and OH couldnt believe it.

I was given gas and air which was absolute bliss , it does make you feel a bit drunk and it doesnt take the pain away but it def helps and makes you less aware of the pain as your concentrating on breathing the air.

Not long later my body started to want to push, Midwife told me to just let my body do its thing as baby was till quite high and she didnt want me to start pushing yet as i would just end up getting to tired. A little while later and baby had moved down so i started pushing. Im not sure how long i pushed for seemed like an eternity, it turnt out instead of coming out face down she was coming out with her head sideways. I was given an injection of anisthetic (sp) which i did not feel, incase she needed to cut me.

That was not needed and her head popped out and i had another contraction straight after and she was out.

Midwife thought i would be quite badly damaged beings the way she came out but i got away with 6 stitches. which again i did not feel her doing.

I am quite shocked by how quick my birth went from starting at home to her being here was 10 hours however on my notes it says 7 hours 30 mins.

That is either Thanks to the raspberry leaf tea or it is just family related as my mum had 3 quick births..

Although yes it is painful i believe i had a very good experience and a fantastic midwife which really helped.

I am so proud of OH i thought he would pass out but he actually watched me push her out and cut her cord which he said he was not going to do.

Fab story, thanks for sharing and congratulations!

congratulations hun sounds like you had a great birth :) x

Congratulations on the birth of your Daughter! My 1st labour was 3hrs 12 mins. I am dreading the 30min drive to the hospital this time round! lol xx

Big congratulations! Thank you for sharing. Very encouraging to hear labour can be a good experience

Congrats! Our babies share the same birthday!!

Nicola xx

Congrats hun what a wonderful birth you seemed to have :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"