sore boob with hard spot

twobecome3

One and one on the way
Reaction score
what is this? I have a hot cloth on it right now. good idea?

Could be plugged duct. Massage towards nipples under warm shower is also said to help.

^^ WSS. Allow baby to nurse on that side as frequently as possible. Don't want it to turn into mastitis!

^^WSS. I've only experienced this once but I refilled an empty water bottle with really warm water and stuck it inside my bra to help & then I'd nurse baby & pump as much as possible. It took several days to ease up though.

Yes, all good advice. I tried nursing with my son's chin pointed towards the sore spot and it seemed to help empty the area.

If you start to feel ill at all get to a gp. Hope if resolves on its own though!

I had this already even though I've only been going for a week. Midwife told me to massage it as the baby was nursing too. It's a clogged duct and you want to make sure you get it taken care of before it gets infected. I kneaded mine and massaged it around while baby nursed and that did the trick. Good luck :hugs:

thanks ladies it was gone within the day.

ive just started wearing nicey bras again (underwire)

could this be the culprit ?

That's exactly what happened to me, except I ended up with mastitis. Sometimes I will wear one for a night out for a few hours, but even then I will get that familiar sore spot and have to preventatively massage it away.

It could be, but if your bra fits really well it shouldn't cause issues. Make sure all the breast tissue is where it's supposed to be (in the cups), not trapped under the wire/band.

Sounds like a blocked/plugged duct. I've had this once when I was away from my daughter for a few days due to a hospital stay. I wasn't pumping as often or as long as I should've :dohh: I had a red spot on the side of my boob and it was tender and hurt like heck to touch.

It can occur from anything that might prevent that duct from emptying :tight clothing/bra as well as (in my case) not pumping enough.

What helped me was massaging and compressing the area while using my breast pump. :cry: Finally after pumping like crazy, massaging and compressing, this thick goopy milk came out and it felt SOOO much better.

Hope you can get it unblocked. You will feel immediate relief once you get that duct emptied out. :flower:

These ladies have given great advice. I too had a hard spot and pain develop in my breast. I brushed it off as nothing to worry about but ended up with a nasty case of Mastitis (severe infection along with 3 abcesses). My breast was excrutiating and I ended up in hospital, so definitely worth getting it looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->