Sore chesty cough!! any remedies?

sharnahw

Mam to my sweet Lily Rose
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I have had a head cold since wednesday, but until today the worst part was being congested... now it seems to be going into my chest as when I cough it is ripping the chest outta me :( cant take anything from the chemist so was wondering if anyone has any remedies that might work???

Thanks loads
Sharon

I had a really bad long one in 2nd tri I took lots hot hot steamy showers the steam helps a lot

was going to suggest sticking your head over a bowl of steam. Other than that plenty of fluids. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks ladies.... Steam makes me claustrophobic for some reason but think Il give it a go anyway... x

I have had SO many sinus infections that spread to my chest this pregnancy! Ugh! I could write a book.

I can't stress this enough: a cold-air humidifier was a GAME-CHANGER. Seriously. I borrowed one from my sister-in-law..and all of the sudden things started to become a little less congested.

Steam baths were helpful in the short run...and so were sinus rinses...but really.. the humidifier has made the biggest difference.

Also- now is the time to use the tissues with lotion in them. Seriously. I never thought it would be worth it to spend 5 dollars on a box of tissues.. but after blowing my nose so many times with scratchy tissue that it was raw and almost bleeding, I have to say that it makes a big difference.

Hope you feel better soon. That coughing is miserable!!

Steam does that to me too! So every lil while id pop my head ot the shower

I found Vicks vaporub to be amazing when I had nasty chest infection early in 2nd trimester.

Oh, I sympathise! Been ill since the weekend with epic cold, cough and sore throat. I do find the steam of a shower seems to stop my cough for a bit. I gargle salt too (niiiiice) but not sure that'll help with a chesty cough. It's just horrible, isn't it? Makes you realise how much you rely on drugs when ill, and a good immune system! Not our naff preggo ones! I usually shrug something like this off after a day! That's if I get it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->