Sore, cracked nipples

T

turbo_mom

So because of all the pumping that I have to do my poor nipples are getting quite sore and my left one is cracked so bad that I can't even pump it today. Not cool when it's quite full. I have lanolin cream that im putting on but it doesnt quite ease the pain.
Any suggestions for what I could do to relieve the pain and cracked skin? That milks gotta come out some time....:dohh:

I think I read ice cubes :shock: BUT not too sure. some of the girls will help soon I hope.

x

Hi

They say Savoy cabbage leaves help to ease painful breasts/nipples - maybe worth a go?

When you express does the milk come out freely or are you having to really pump hard to get some out?
When you pump maybe do it in a nice warm bath with a warm flannel around your boob and have a picture of your wee girl with you which should help to stimulate your let down and get more milk out without making you sore. Also, are you doing a few quick pumps then slow pump, quick few pumps then slow one? That's more similar to how a baby suckles.

hmm I think I will try that thanks Lucy. Sometimes the milk flows freely on a lower setting but most times I have to gradually increase the suction for streams to come out. I find it doesn't want to come out as freely on the lower, quicker setting. But I will try going fast and slow on my pump with the heat and picture. I know the milk is in there it's just getting out now thats becoming a pain. Literally..

Kamilosan cream......it is brilliant!!! I had blisters and open sores and it worked a treat! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->