• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sore nipples - BFing a teething 7 month old

jessmke

Reaction score
My nips haven't been this sore since the first week of BFing! Isla has always had a bit of a shallow latch but it never caused me any discomfort so I'm not sure if this discomfort has to do with her latch or if she is chomping down on my nips or what, but something that she is doing HURTS! I cringe for the first minute or two after she latches and have been putting my nipple butter on after every feed. Unfortunately she refused to nurse on my left side for so long that I no longer produce milk on that side, so my right nip is taking a beating! Is this related to teething? Anything I can do to relieve the discomfort?

I've been co-sleeping with her for the last week (after we finally got her sleeping in her crib all night!) because she is awake every 45 minutes and is miserable. She is comfort nursing all night long which isn't helping the sore nip situation. I took away her pacifiers about a month ago but I am tempted to give them back now in the middle of the night because she is using me as a pacifier and I don't know how much more my nips can take!

Tylenol (acetaminophen) doesn't seem to relieve her pain at all so today I am going to pick up infant ibuprofen to see if that helps her at night.

Any chance you may have your period returning or be pregnancy again?

Any chance you may have your period returning or be pregnancy again?

I have my period right now! This is my second post partum period, I don't remember any nipple soreness with my first period (6 weeks ago).

Well my period ended and so did the nipple pain!

Wow weird! I don't remember that at all. I'm glad it went away though!!

I get sore nipples for a whole week when I'm about to ovulate, and in the days before AF starts as well.

I experienced that also with my first born, it hurts during menstruation so I pump and transfer the milk to a feeding bottle.

My nips have been sore the last couple of days while feeding so I wonder if I'm ovulating! The timing would be about right.

Who needs to temp and chart when you can just know you're fertile by when your baby hurts your nips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->