Sore Nipples

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
My friend is on day 4 of BF. Her nipples are so sore. She's plastering on Lansinoh and the latch looks right. She's going to give up if she can't come up with something soon. Any ideas please?

I never tried them but I have heard there are cooling gel pads that women swear by.

She can get a prescription cream from her doctor called All Purpose Nipple Cream.

Time. It gets better. I was in terrible pain for the first 2 weeks. Around 3 weeks it started to get better and by 4 it was completely gone. Just gotta dig deep and know it won't last forever!

Lactation consultant.

My LO is a week old and I've had really sore nipples for the last 3/4 days too-so much that I've cried out in pain with each feeding. I do notice it's getting better slowly, though. With each feeding the pain is a little less. I've just been continuing to feed as I read it does get better with time, and I've also been walking around with my top raised to expose my nipples to air- that helps too. Tell her don't give up. What's she's going through is normal and it will get better. My friend also had her baby 3 wks ago and suffered the same- she said her nipples are now numb and she doesn't get any pain. So there's hope.

Check for vasospasm and thrush. See a LC to look for any issues with the LO's mouth that may be causing pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->