Sore throat

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Rach27, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Rach27

Rach27 Well-Known Member

I know I'm probably worrying over nothing but I thought I'd ask your advice anyhow.

On Weds night I was in A & E with cramps. I had a scan and everything was fine although I had to wait 2.5 hours.

The morning after I developed a sore throat, which went away but has since returned this morning and I have a mild headache as well.

I've been taking vitamin c and I don't yet have a fever but I am obviously concerned about getting flu or more importantly, swine flu.

What do you think my chances are? What should I do about it, if anything?

Pregnancy is one long worry fest isn't it??!!

2. Rach27

Rach27 Well-Known Member

Anyone?? :(

3. cymrucath

cymrucath Well-Known Member

I have had a sore throat for the last couple of days too hun and I have found the best thing is just to drink lots of water to help your body flush any nasty stuff out of your system. I think the general advice about swine flu in particular is even if you are pregnant, as long as you are generally fit and healthy it will just affect you like a mild dose of flu. It is only a danger if you have other health concerns. I would do as you are doing and keep taking vit c and like I said just drink lots of water. Just try to get some rest too to help your body's natural defences have a go at clearing your ickyness. Feel better soon hun x

4. loopy_lou

loopy_lou Well-Known Member

yes i had swollen glands and a sore throat for a week and had what i though was a cold i just kept the fluids up and rested and it went away.

Feel better soon have a hot ribena and think positive thoughts....

hugs

LL

5. Rach27

Rach27 Well-Known Member

Hot ribena - yum! Thanks ladies. Actually managed to keep my temp down naturally last night (was advised to use paracetamol to assist with that) and feel quite a bit better today.

Thanks again. Will probably start worrying about something else now!!! ;)