Sorry if too TMI but need advice with bleeding after sex

c1reid

mummy to teigan and bump
Reaction score
Right so im 36 weeks +3 and a week ago had sex with OH,we stopped as i it was bit uncomfortable and then noticed there was quite a bit of bright red blood,not gushing out but when i wiped it was totally there, phoned hospital as i freaked and was told to go in,we left straight away more or less and by time got there id had no bleeding apart from when i went to toilet twice in hospital there was slight pinkness when i wiped (sorry tmi again). Now i wasnt too concerned at this point as i know it had prob happened bcos of having sex and not some other issue and was on a trace for a few hours and baby was totally fine. I was meant to be getting an internal exam but doctor got called away at last minute (and i mean last minute, speculum in hand and everything!! lol ) and he phoned up while later and told MW to keep me in, got discharged next again day,had no internal done and didnt have any bleeding overnight at all.
since then for bout 4/5 days starting later the day i got out i had a heavyish brown mucus discharge, i know this is prob to do with the bleed i had but could it maybe have to do ith mucus plug too? (at the risk of more TMI there was mucus and couple small blood clots mixed in with blood a time of bleed). dont know if im grasping at straws here cos the whole thing gave me a fright and want him out now more than ever cos will not feel settled till im holding him so looking for signs it could be to do with labour. When was on trace was getting irregular tightenings and MW told me if i was to go into early labour they would not stop it as it wouldnt be that early (was 35+5 weeks at time).Was wondering has anyone else had similar thing hapen to them? was at MW on christmas eve and he's now 4/5 engaged which i know could change but things are heading the right way so not sure if this is all signs i might go sooner than expected? My theory with bleed (and i so wish id had internal so i knew for sure) is that it was maybe to do with cervix thinning (as they didnt think was to do with placenta or any other serious problems) and we've always had sex regular :blush: but never had bleed before.......sorry,know this is long winded but any stories similar or opinions appreciated

Hey, I've been bleeding fresh and pink staining for a few weeks and been in hospital a few times and had scans internals etc but no explanation. Me and oh had sex last night and I started bleeding like yourself for about 1 1/2 hrs. I had to go to hospital and got monitored and everything was ok. Like you the ctg was showing I was having contractions too mine where v regular and I'm also 4/5 engaged. They said again body preparing for labour and as bleeding stopped I could go home.

I need to keep the hos informed and go in everytime I bleed. Hope my experience helps a little but as I said there is no explanation for my bleeding or discharge so I just need to take their word that everything isok xxx

feel better now, going by instinct i think myself its my body changing a bit and feel better knowing your story, they said too to go back in if anymore bleeding but so far so good and OH wont come near me now so cant see it happening again with sex lol. did you get the brown blood after too? xxxxxxxx

Not this time Hun but previously I have- brown blood Is old blood so nothing to worry about. I know my oh said the same no more sex till baby is here :( we have needs lol!! Guess well just have to find other ways to get close - I think u need to feel close to one another at this stage in the pregnancy x

you so do!! i think as well its on my list of ways to get baby out and said to him last night its not you i want, just your sperm lol....needless to say didnt work! all joking aside tho think better off not trying it cos if it happened again i would seriously worry. keep me posted on yourself and hope everything goes ok for you, we're due a few days apart so will be looking out for your good news xxxx

Thanks chick I'll keep an eye out too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->