Sorry ladies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why you helping people out is frowned upon. *shakes head*

What why?
Im ultra new to cloth -waiting on my first nappies, and thanks to those articles I got all my questions answered and helped me make up my mind!

Strange

your blog on here?? why are you not allowed to link it tho?

i put it in my sig, all admin said was it was being used too many times. :dohh:

That is not what it said at all. The edit note left in your signature was that you were constantly referring to your signature for help rather than using the forum for what it is intended. If you want to contribute to the forum then please do it on the forum. Excessively cross linking and promoting personal sites contravenes our advertising and self publicity rules.

SC if we do a new one on a thread here could it be stickied and possibly a link in her sig to the sticky? would that work?

It's not self publicity, it's more self help! other people have been telling others to hunt for my siggy too!

I'm happy to link to a sticky, that way anyone could do it as well, and it's then linking back to your own site.

though the sticky could link to a whole load of resources on the net like the nappy lady (they have some fab pages on folds)

It might not be a popular idea but we could incorporate the two review threads into a new sticky like

Nappy & Carrier Resources and Reviews

I don't mind managing the thread to make edits etc.

TBH it is nothing personal (so much so I don't really know anything about the site you linked to). Do you mean a general Natural Parenting Q&A thread?

I have nothing against having blogs in signatures, it's just about keeping the forum fair in terms of borderline advertising (keeping it in signatures and out of posts. same guidelines for everyone).

Tell me exactly what thread format you have in mind and we'll see what we can do.
In the meantime if you want to put the links back you can do (just rememeber participation in a thread is as helpful to others as a thread dying with 'view my site').

:)

It might not be a popular idea but we could incorporate the two review threads into a new sticky like

Nappy & Carrier Resources and Reviews

I don't mind managing the thread to make edits etc.

Was thinking the same.

i'm off to bed now, but if you want me to i'll draft something up in the morning.

I'm off to bed too. I was thinking maybe 'Natural Parenting FAQs' (if I've read what you are talking about right). Feel free to PM with any ides and we'll see what we can do :)

I've written one but it's crap compared to yours littlestar lol xx

I have to confess here that a few times I have seen new members asking questions and the reply being 'read the articles in my siggy'.. Before I came here I did read articles but then I wanted to talk to someone about it, ask questions and I think that's why people come to a forum like this, so to be new here and be referred to an article might be a bit off putting and does reflect badly on the forum.

I have only been here since the start of may and I love it and think you are all brilliant.

That's just my view on this particular issue, no offence littlestar, you give some good information in your articles but sometimes addressing someone personally makes them feel better and more open to further advice etc. Hope I've not offended you by saying this :kiss:

I agree Taylors mummy, the articles are fantastic, really useful info in there - but I can see why people want to come and ask in a forum

That's why I think having something like those articles as a sticky would be really useful :)

I think a ' Cloth Nappy FAQ ' would be good, not so sure teaming it with carriers would be tho, then people wanting nappy helo need to go thru carrier chat, and vice versa, the carrier one seems fine on its own i think just adding a basicFAQ for starting out in nappies is whats needed as a sticky!

Would it be possible to add the articles (if little start did new ones) to the start of the 'nappy and wipes review' sticky? Then rename it something like Cloth Nappy Guides & Reviews?

yea bc i need help i still dont understand the how cloth thing but i want to do it so badly! and i know its tiering having to tell new ppl the same stuff over and over!

yea bc i need help i still dont understand the how cloth thing but i want to do it so badly! and i know its tiering having to tell new ppl the same stuff over and over!

It's not too indepth but has the basics

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/349794-beginners-guide-cloth.html

ETA: I hope no one minds or thinks I'm treading on anyones toes. I can get rid if it's a problem
xx

I have to confess here that a few times I have seen new members asking questions and the reply being 'read the articles in my siggy'.. Before I came here I did read articles but then I wanted to talk to someone about it, ask questions and I think that's why people come to a forum like this, so to be new here and be referred to an article might be a bit off putting and does reflect badly on the forum.

I have only been here since the start of may and I love it and think you are all brilliant.

That's just my view on this particular issue, no offence littlestar, you give some good information in your articles but sometimes addressing someone personally makes them feel better and more open to further advice etc. Hope I've not offended you by saying this :kiss:

I think the reason people who've been around here a while like the articles so much is that pretty much every day there are a few new people asking the same questions... "Where do I start with cloth? What do I need? Which are the best nappies for me?". At first, you reply to each one with a personal answer but eventually pretty much everybody reaches their limit on retyping the same thing! I've often seen threads have no replies for ages, or have one or two replies with some information but not a lot, most likely because nobody has the energy to answer it 'properly' again. I'd much rather see somebody say "go to this website, it answers your questions" than have somebody's question go unanswered or be answered half-heartedly. Once somebody has the basic knowledge from FAQs like that, then is the time for them to ask personalised questions like "I've read that X nappy is great for suchandsuch, but I also need it to do Y... which would be best?". Most people like answering questions like that and people get far more replies than to threads saying "tell me everything!".

ETA - I didn't mean to sound like we don't like people who ask Qs like that, just that posts such as that don't always attract the best/most informative replies depending on the time of day etc. I certainly asked Qs like that, as did pretty much everyone here.

Yes, Rachel, I understand it would get tedious. That's why a guide within the forum would be a good idea.

Imagine being a new member, coming in here looking for help, a friendly person to chat with, and all that you are told is to look in someones signature - which contain links that take you away from the forum! Some people I think would be a little put off by this!

At least if there is a guide here, the reply can be 'Here have a look at this guide to get yourself familiar and ask us any questions you might have' that way it makes them feel like they can come back if they are still confused about anything :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"