Sorry ladies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rach, It does get repetitive and i feel bad not responding to them, often people were mentioning the articles but if i hadn't posted for a little while people couldn't find my sig to click on.

i'm starting a thread with the intention of stickying for SC, and i will include everything anyone wants to add. There's no issue linking to my own articles, so if anyone else wants to nominate some resources then respond to the new thread and i can add it for you lovely ladies.

I have to confess here that a few times I have seen new members asking questions and the reply being 'read the articles in my siggy'.. Before I came here I did read articles but then I wanted to talk to someone about it, ask questions and I think that's why people come to a forum like this, so to be new here and be referred to an article might be a bit off putting and does reflect badly on the forum.

I have only been here since the start of may and I love it and think you are all brilliant.

That's just my view on this particular issue, no offence littlestar, you give some good information in your articles but sometimes addressing someone personally makes them feel better and more open to further advice etc. Hope I've not offended you by saying this :kiss:

I think the reason people who've been around here a while like the articles so much is that pretty much every day there are a few new people asking the same questions... "Where do I start with cloth? What do I need? Which are the best nappies for me?". At first, you reply to each one with a personal answer but eventually pretty much everybody reaches their limit on retyping the same thing! I've often seen threads have no replies for ages, or have one or two replies with some information but not a lot, most likely because nobody has the energy to answer it 'properly' again. I'd much rather see somebody say "go to this website, it answers your questions" than have somebody's question go unanswered or be answered half-heartedly. Once somebody has the basic knowledge from FAQs like that, then is the time for them to ask personalised questions like "I've read that X nappy is great for suchandsuch, but I also need it to do Y... which would be best?". Most people like answering questions like that and people get far more replies than to threads saying "tell me everything!".

ETA - I didn't mean to sound like we don't like people who ask Qs like that, just that posts such as that don't always attract the best/most informative replies depending on the time of day etc. I certainly asked Qs like that, as did pretty much everyone here.

Exactly. There have been some days when there have been 2 or 3 people asking exactly the same questions, all of which could have been answered by littlestars articles. It is just that it gets repetitive giving the same info over and over again and I for one have been very guilty of not replying because there is no short answer other than - have a look at these articles. If people want to ask more questions after reading the articles then great.

So whether they are in a blog or a sticky on this site, I think it'd still be sensible for newbies to be referred to littlestars articles as a first port of call.

Going to lock this thread and direct you to this one: https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/349995-need-your-help-ladies-sticky.html (will save me time tracking replies).
This sticky is open to everyone to contribute too. Eventually we'll add to the thread our own NP FAQ's that can be updated. As for repetitiveness, that is what forums are all about. If people were looking for blogs they would search for 'NP Blog' rather than 'NP Forum'. At the end of the day we don't want every new thread to be killed off with 'Look at this thread/blog for answers'... it totally defeats even having a NP forum.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back