Sorry - posted in the wrong place!

sezzolou

Reaction score
Lo is now 4 months old. He's great at self settling at bedtime but day time naps are a different ball game. Admittedly probably made that way by me! He will only sleep on me and even that is stressful. He goes from happy smiley to over tired in minutes. I know the signs well so try to catch him before he gets over tired but he always screams, kicks, scratches for a good 20 mins before falling to sleep in my arms. He is very easily over stimulated. This process was becoming very stressful so I thought I would try cc to get him napping in his cot.

Just did if for his morning nap. 2 mins in, 2 mins out, 2 mins in, 2 mins out, when I went back in he the last time he stopped crying and went to sleep. Had to do the same at his 40min wake up as he likes to sleep for 1-2 hours. Took 2 ins, 2 outs.

My main question is...am I best just not going out much during the day the next few days while I get napping in his cot established? I usually let him nap in his pram on a long walk once a day. He finds it hard to be awake for longer than 1.5 hours...gets super grumpy in a matter of minutes! I sometimes feel like my days are filled with the battle to get him to nap and stay asleep. He's now been asleep in his cot for 1.5 hours which is great as I can grab a brew and get stuff done and I know he is getting a more restful sleep rather than a fidgety sleep in my arms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->