sorry to be a board hog but (baby kicks???)

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
For the first time tonight I felt some serious 'pops' on one side of my stomache that was not gas. It actually made me twitch because I had not felt anything like it before.
At around 12 weeks I felt slight movements such as hunger type pains low in my abdomen but tonight if felt like a kick. As you know, Im a teeny weeny girl, with a teensie frame and apparently the smaller you are the earlier you can detect movements?
Midwife heard the kicking last friday on the heartbeat monitor but up until now I have never felt anything like it. Tell me, is what im describing sounding like kicks? I feel maybe 4 in a row with maybe a gap of a couple seconds, then it goes. Its the strangest feeling ever and its coming from the region the baby would be in.

I felt my first kick with Jonny at 15 weeks so it is possible. I am NOTa tiny girl! I was so confused I asked the midwife. It felt like tickling on the inside.

Hi Louise,

Sounds like what I've been getting.......really started to happen a lot more over the last few days. At first it was quite weak and only now and again but over the last two weeks has got stronger. At first (because its my 1st) I was thinking 'is this right, is this how it should feel'? I think most the time just passed it off as wind. As little boo's got stronger so have the 'pops' and sometimes it feels to me like theres this little finger just having a little prod, so I know its not wind. Its quite funny as I'll be sitting at my desk in work and all of a sudden i'll just go 'ooh' and jump a little, because I'm not feeling it all the time it just takes me by suprise.
Makes me feel so happy feeling boo having a little shuffle about :happydance:

The "popping" or "Bubbles" as they are know as in the early days are movements ....

congrats!
xxx

Hi Louise,

Sounds like what I've been getting.......really started to happen a lot more over the last few days. At first it was quite weak and only now and again but over the last two weeks has got stronger. At first (because its my 1st) I was thinking 'is this right, is this how it should feel'? I think most the time just passed it off as wind. As little boo's got stronger so have the 'pops' and sometimes it feels to me like theres this little finger just having a little prod, so I know its not wind. Its quite funny as I'll be sitting at my desk in work and all of a sudden i'll just go 'ooh' and jump a little, because I'm not feeling it all the time it just takes me by suprise.
Makes me feel so happy feeling boo having a little shuffle about :happydance:
I know exactly what you mean. I mean before it felt like rumbling in my tummy, but tonight it actually made me jump, the first few kicks were weak but the last one, like you, made me go 'oooh'!!! It definately wasnt gas tonight so Im not going to pass it off as that.
Gah, you and I are waaay simular.
I was beginning to think that bearly 16 weeks was too early but Ive been looking it up online to see that alot feel these kicks as early as 14 weeks.
My midwife even heard the kicking on friday, it was rather loud too *BOOM*.
It's so funny. :)

Wait til the Huge tummy comes!!! Mines already here. I've been asked a few times if I'm having twins. When I tell people how far I am they look at me and ask if I'm sure!?
Before I'd even told people I was expecting they'd already guessed but didn't say anything just in case it was too much xmas pud!!

I should really post a piccy of my belly.....its huge!!

Oh well, only bigger from here, its so exciting tho :headspin: !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->