sorry to be a pest....

lilly100

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pest but im totally confused and wonder if you can help in any way :wacko:

This is my first proper month ttc and im trying to get to grips with all the details etc, well...i normally have an approx 30day cycle (currently on day 14), im not really sure how long the last phase in my monthly cycle is so when i've gone into my monthly cycle etc i have just put the average 14 days in so it is telling me that i am due to ovulate this Friday (28th) BUT i took an ovulation prediction test yesterday for the first time and it was a strong positive - the line was def darker than the control line, i posted a pic of it on here yesterday to confirm it.
At the begining of the month i started doing my temp but messed it up as didnt realise i had to take temp at same time everyday so havent got that to go by.
Anyway... what do i go by?? the positive prediction test (can this be wrong at all??) or the average 14 days which would mean this Friday?? and then why would i have gotten a positive on the prediction test? :wacko:
god im soooo rubbish at stuff like this :dohh:
My gut feeling is telling me to go off the prediction test but then a niggling voice is asking weather to believe it or not :dohh:

Sorry for rambling and i hope all of that has made sense.
i suppose over time i will get to grips with it but i would just like to be in with the best chance from the start which im sure you will understand, as im well aware that it can take time.
Thanks for your help ladies :flower:

Hi,
I would go by the prediction test as this will measure your hormone surge which happens right before ovulation. Good luck

x

Definitely go by prediction, but don't stop BD'ing until a few days past your calendar ovulation. It could be that your LP is 16 days or you could be having a slightly shorter cycle this month.

:dust:

Thanks, thats what i kind of thought but i suppose i was just worrying incase it could be wrong at all and i missed my chance.
God :dohh: i was so relaxed at the start of the month lol

SO.. does that mean that if i got a positive on the test yesterday does that mean that i am 1 day past ovulation tomorrow if it measures hormone change before ovulation happens?

On average it means that you're ovulating today and tomorrow will be your 1DPO. But O can happen on the same day as the surge or 2 days after, and unless you're charting temperature, there's no way of knowing for sure. But 1DPO tomorrow is most likely! :)

Thanks very much :flower:
well we dtd last night following the positive prediction test and hopefully will do it again tonight to be in with a good chance.
Thanks for your help :flower: i'll keep you updated on things, i might even do another ovulation test to see what is shows.
woah that means if i'm 1dpo tomorrow im entering my 2ww faster than i thought i would - oo its exciting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->