sorry yet another MIL Bash

milliemeg

Mummy to Amelia
Reaction score
Im am so P****ed of ARGGHHH :hissy:

yesterday we popped into my sister inlaws to pic some bits and pieces up and SIL told me be quick as her mums coming over for dinner and yes we dont get on at the min I will explain

1) she is really bitchy to me and shes meant to be a church warden
2) shes talks about me behind my back
3) She called me paranoid the other day to DH i didnt go to there house that day because apparently i never let anyone hold Amelia B****ks
4) shes a materialistic telling my SIL oh my Rolex is worth more than your dog
who gives a S**t
5) shes plays happy families when she has her friends around parading grandchildren around but when there not there shes not fussed

and to top it off when we were at SIL they appear i was hoping we would be out the door before they get there but Amelia was due a feed so we were half way through it BUM!

after 5 mins of them being there MIL walks over too me and says holding her hands out give me her her i will have her and give her the bottle

F**k off ! i felt like saying but instead i politely said no its ok i dont want her to get colic yes shes over 3 months but hey still dont want her to get an upset belly and plus she wont take a bottle from anyone else

her reply was YOU NEVER LET ANYONE HOLD HER ! and yes shes my child not yours and if i decided i dont want people to hold her i wont!

i just ignored that and carried on feeding her then went into the kitchen and ranted at SIL she said to stay in the kicthen as i was about to low my top

i gave Amelia to DH and said better take her to your mum so he did i could her the conversation from the front room and DH said if you want to hold her better make it quick as we are going shopping

she turned around and said YOUR WIFE SAID I COULD HOLD HER ARGGHHHH i never said that and DH turned around and said no she didnt and she said it again a further 3/4 times so in the end DH said no she didnt dont make a deal out of it :happydance:

and within seconds of her holding Amelia shes screams me i want to run and grab her DH just turns and says what have you done to her lol but i stayed out the way before going to the door way and giving DH the eye to get her back before she gets in a real fit

so we pack up and about to leave and i was not going to say goodbye but didnt want to stoop to her level so i did and i got a sharp BYE! from MIL and FIL

Only to receive and really churpy voicemail(Didnt Answer the phone) to ask if we wanted to go over for dinner tomorrow as it was lovely seeing us yesterday WTF

DH said they can go to hell and i wouldn't go full stop DH wont ring them back either which is fine by me but do they have bi polar

sorry for spelling mistakes and no full stops

sorry Gemma

omg they sound like cranks

that sucks that u have to put up with that, i dont blame u not wanting to see them!

x

:hugs: I totally feel for you. Ive been avoiding my mil since christmas as she bought dummies for Ellie after i said she wont take them ive tried tons and she gave it her behind my back (she thought i didnt know wot she was doing) she made her sick with it as well and she shouted at my son cus he didnt want the chocolate yoghurt thing she had bought him and he doesnt like them and she locked him in the utility in the pitch black when i was upstairs had to go running down the stairs to rescue him. Shes nuts she does something to pee me off everytime i see her and i dread it. They are coming next weekend im sure to insult my intelligence and tell me i should salt benns dinners give him coffee and still help feed him (his 3 n a half) and breast is not good for babies!! and i should leave her crying the list of things she says is endless!! She thinks shes taking them for a walk in the village when she comes she can bloody dream im just so glad she lives so bloody far away!

MILs can be uttely psycho I think!

I dont know, I'd love to understand where they're coming from, but you always here about it, and I certainly experience it, the overbearing, dismissive, controlling, bossy, condescending, absolutely horrible MIL!

I think in a way, the mothers MIL (as in the mans mother) has seemingly the least rights and access to their grandchild. I know that basically I choose who Jasper is taken care of and where and what Jasper does, my OH can influence my decisions, but I have the final say. And while my mother can advise me, council me, support me and be more actively involved in Jaspers life, despite being seemingly on the other side of the country (and, being in Australia, thats a very long distance!!!) I never call my MIL for advice, I never have an hour long chat to her about Jaspers in and outs, ups and downs and overall I'm not particularly interested in what she has to say about parenting, because overall I dont agree with her! So even though she lives in the same city, emotionally, she's on the other side of the world as far as I'm concerned!

I think that causes all kinds of frustration... because she loves Jasper as much as my mother does, but she has no real relationship with him because she has no real relationship with me....

... then I think myself (and other mothers) become veiwed as 'the enemy'. The one who comes between THEM and THEIR GRANDCHILD.

THAT SAID! I still dont answer the phone to my MIL, because she's so awful to me that I couldn't care less about her having a relationship with Jasper until she's nice to me!

I dont know, I'd love to understand where they're coming from, but you always here about it, and I certainly experience it, the overbearing, dismissive, controlling, bossy, condescending, absolutely horrible MIL!

I think in a way, the mothers MIL (as in the mans mother) has seemingly the least rights and access to their grandchild. I know that basically I choose who Jasper is taken care of and where and what Jasper does, my OH can influence my decisions, but I have the final say. And while my mother can advise me, council me, support me and be more actively involved in Jaspers life, despite being seemingly on the other side of the country (and, being in Australia, thats a very long distance!!!) I never call my MIL for advice, I never have an hour long chat to her about Jaspers in and outs, ups and downs and overall I'm not particularly interested in what she has to say about parenting, because overall I dont agree with her! So even though she lives in the same city, emotionally, she's on the other side of the world as far as I'm concerned!

I think that causes all kinds of frustration... because she loves Jasper as much as my mother does, but she has no real relationship with him because she has no real relationship with me....

... then I think myself (and other mothers) become veiwed as 'the enemy'. The one who comes between THEM and THEIR GRANDCHILD.

THAT SAID! I still dont answer the phone to my MIL, because she's so awful to me that I couldn't care less about her having a relationship with Jasper until she's nice to me!

this is exactly how i feel. my in-laws have been horrible to my OH (over work as he works for them :dohh:) and i feel if they're not going to be pleasant to her parents then they can't have a relationship with maddi. its not like they have ever really bothered tbh.

sending big :hugs::hugs::hugs: unfortunately i understand too well x x x

Thats how i feel. Whenever i have tried to give her time she uses it to do something i dont like to them so now i have no trust ie giving my 8 week old baby rice and she tried to give Ellie a dummy and thats not the worst of it. Im dreading the weekend cus i wonder what it ill be this time im losing my patience and i will definately say something if she pushes the boundaires.

aww hun :hugs: i also hate MIL gona be interesting to c how she is with baby as its her first grandchild! xxx

I never understood why ppl make us feel so bad if we dont want to pass our babies around ..for christsake there not toys !! My MIL was like that but it changed very quickly as I told her "you start shit with me and im done coming over " so she stopped

I feel for you, really i do. I have some issues with my MIL and FIL. Have lost count of the number of times i've had to bite my tongue. Hope it goes okay.

haven't been online for a while got a bit mad at home and it all went down hill

WW3 nearly broke out! i have grown to know the people in my DH family the last week and so has DH and its not what we like

after a long day sat i said to DH he should ring his parents back and let them know we aren't going

First thing he gets is why don't you answer your phone well for a start we were out and when we did get back we had people coming over for lunch!

next thing hes made too feel guilty for not going for lunch :hissy: then FIL brought up the day before and said your mother is all up set about it B****ks
was she! DH turned around and said how do you think Gemma feels yes gemma she has a name not just my wife

hes reply was she told your mother she couldn't hold her yet again DH said no GEMMA didn't say that at all she wanted to finish feeding Amelia FIL replies by saying i was in the room it was a straight no :hissy: i was in the room while the conversation was happening biting my tongue so i didn't shout across the room what w****rs they are

DH then called his SIL (also my friend) to find out what she knows well for the 9 years I've known her shes been like a real sister to me i could tell her anything and she can tell me, and it goes no further, she dislikes her mother as well But...................

While on the phone she basically implies shes told her mother everything i told her??!?!?!

so i have kept all her secrets plus her new career which shes hiding from her mother and everything shes said about her mother so I'm no longer talking to her at the moment

DH explains to me that shes annoyed with him because hes just become a police officer and his mother thinks the sun shines out his butt lol :rofl: hence her new career of being a PCSO to keep up with him so he's told me not to trust her anymore as shes as two faced as they come

so we are going to try and make peace tomorrow with his parents we are going to a local lake safe territory so Amelia doesnt even have to come out the pram but we will see how it goes!

Gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->