Sort of "trying" but not really...!

susanna

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just wanted to introduce myself to WWT...
I am definitely ready to have a baby... this just started a year ago (I'm 29 now and never really thought about babies before meeting my current BF). He knows that I am ready, but our situation is a bit chaotic (we live in different towns, he is at university etc) so we aren't TTC. However, we are quite lax with birth control.. so it's this weird in-between thing where we are not TTC but I always hope at the back of my mind for an "accident":blush:
And he knows this! It's as if he would be happy if it "just happened" because then we would deal with it but he doesn't consciously want to TTC because we aren't settled in our careers/lives yet... I know it probably sounds kinda weird!
I'm actually finding it quite stressful because I am not charting, or using OPKs and have struggled with irregular cycles.. and now I seem to be on a really long one (CD 52 and no AF in sight.) And of course, I am so hoping that I got pregnant (we had unprotected sex between CD 34-42 as we thought it was end of cycle and therefore "safe"... I know, not a good method of birthcontrol but we ARE tempting fate!! )
Because I have no idea when or even if I ovulated I am finding this really stressful now because I have had two negative pregnancy tests and no AF in sight...
maybe I should start temping and/or using OPKs in my next cycle so I don't keep going through this. What do you girls think? How long should I wait to test again or do you think this is definitely a false alarm?

Any suggestions would be welcome and good luck to all of you in WWT

Susanna

Technically you should get your a/f 2wks after ov which i think would be tuesday of next week so test again then if no sign of a/f and maybe at the end of next week.

If you don't get a :bfp: then I would wait until a/f then start looking out for EWCM in the next month, that would give hopefully give you an indication that you are about to ov at which time you could use OPKs to check when you actually ov.

Good luck.

if its been that long i would go and see the doc just so that they can see if they can shed any light on the no af thing!! maybe they can help sorry i am not much help hope you get some answers
:hug:

Susannah I am in the same boat as you! We are really lax with borth control , hardly ever use it but I am at uni and its prob not the best time to conciously try, but I too am hoping for a sort of 'accident' where would just have to deal with it lol. I totally understand where ure coming from.

hiya aphrodite, thanks so much for your message! it's good to know there's others out there! I thought it must sound a bit weird being kind of in between WWT/TTC :) as most people seem more organised about this! I am considering being a bit more on top of things for my next cycle so I don't feel so unsure... but we'll see! I am still waiting for AF...
Hope we get our "accidents" anyway ;)
take care,
susanna

chanel and gnomette- thanks for your replies! I will wait til next week and test again... and then maybe go to the doctors (problem is it will have to wait til after Xmas cos I am going away... but at least it will keep me busy!!) I'll keep you posted!
thanks for the support

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->