Sounds stupid but.....

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
I'm having issues agreeing with the name my ex has decided he likes (Max) but this is only because his ex likes it as does one of my friends (who he's had a bit of a thing for before we got together and flirts with constantly).

Do you think I'm being stupid? What do you think about it? I have asked before and I think the general agreement was that Max is a nice name but I'm REALLY having issues with the ex and friend liking it. Although I can't seem to come up with anything else that both of us like either as he doesn't like anything I come up with! :hissy: I wish it was only me that was having this child at least then I could have what ever name I like.

xx

Well, does he know you are questioning it? You don't have to choose that name there are millions in the world, why not even come up with a plan like you choose first name he chooses second, although then your opinion wouldn't really matter and that may be worse.
It's normal to feel that way, I probably would too lol these pregnancy hormones always kicking me in the arse, does his flirting bother you? Have you asked him to stop? Because I know that would bother me constantly and I'd end up having a fit if my OH was flirting with my friends!

No, its not stupid to not use it. I wouldn't use it because I'm spiteful like that.

That's the problem he's not my OH he's my ex but it still bothers me but he doesn't really see the problem as we're not together anymore. I hate it because I still want him but it's not going to happen. He knows I have an issue with Max but he can't understand why.

Choose your own name. He shouldn't have a say with it really, if he's going to be like that.

Yea but its my problem not his, I'm the one who's jealous and hates the fact he's spoken to her about it. I think I'm being stupid but I just don't know if I could bring myself to use it.

I'm having issues agreeing with the name my ex has decided he likes (Max) but this is only because his ex likes it as does one of my friends (who he's had a bit of a thing for before we got together and flirts with constantly).

Do you think I'm being stupid? What do you think about it? I have asked before and I think the general agreement was that Max is a nice name but I'm REALLY having issues with the ex and friend liking it. Although I can't seem to come up with anything else that both of us like either as he doesn't like anything I come up with! :hissy: I wish it was only me that was having this child at least then I could have what ever name I like.

xx

makes me think of

"My name is now Max Power - i got it off a hairdryer" - Quote by Homer Simpson :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously tho, it isnt a bad name. I have nothing against it. You should pick one that rings your bells tho.

make a short list and see what fits when he is in your arms - or what grows on you.

It's soooo essential you like your son's name!!! you don't want to stick with max although it is a nice name and always look at him or shout his name and think I wish I could change it. x oh needs to learn t compromise its your baby too.I think writting a list and seeing what feels right or grows on you is great advice. Good Luck xxx

Yea but its my problem not his, I'm the one who's jealous and hates the fact he's spoken to her about it. I think I'm being stupid but I just don't know if I could bring myself to use it.

i think its totally up to you, if it was me id be the same, if i was gonna let him have a say in it, it would have to be a name we came up with together - not him an some other bird (ex or not!) luckly me and my ex decided names before we split up and ive decided to stick with that. good luck with what ever you decided to do - but remember you want your child to have a name that puts a smile on your face everytime you think of it.....

That's the problem he's not my OH he's my ex but it still bothers me but he doesn't really see the problem as we're not together anymore. I hate it because I still want him but it's not going to happen. He knows I have an issue with Max but he can't understand why.

This is your baby not hers! I wouldn't use the name either

Max is my mum's dog's name so it always sounds to me like something you'd call your pet, lol (no offence to people called Max or mums with kids called Max).

Besides which, I wouldn't use that name for the reasons you've given either!

Max is my mum's dog's name so it always sounds to me like something you'd call your pet, lol (no offence to people called Max or mums with kids called Max).

Unfortunately, that was my first thought too...:blush:

I'm in pretty much the same boat.. my ex has decided on names he likes (maddy for a girl, or finn for a boy) but I don't like either, and after an hour of 'discussion' I got annoyed, and told him that it didn't matter what he thought anyway, as I was going to get the birth registered, so I'd choose what I wanted anyway...

I kinda wish he'd decided he didn't want anything to do with the baby when I gave him the option...

I definately wouldn't use a name you wasn't comfortable with. It should be a joint decision and the outcome a name you both really like.

I've told my bf that I'm carrying the baby for 9 months and dealing with labour and childbirth so I'm naming the baby! Men get off so easy, all they need to do is have sex and wait... how unfair.

For your baby's name i think you should both agree on it no matter what. Even if you disagree on a silly thing like 'I dont like a certain letter in that name' Your gonna live with that name for the rest of your life. I wouldn't want be calling my baby and be constantly reminded on being jealous or still be jealous over it. :) Nothing wrong with jealously...we all have it! And we can't help it either!

See I kinda like the name, I think it's just these two people liking it which is putting me off. As for it being a dogs name people call their pets such 'human' names these days anything I choose would probably sound daft.

He's having Jon as a middle name (Rich's dads name, Rich's and my Dads middle name) and even tho we're not together he's having his dads surname. we're just having issues with agreeing on a first name. :hissy:

xx

Well for a start its your choice thats final, not sure i'd be able to use it cos every time you think of your son you will think of the resentment for you ex and all thats gone on there you need to love the name and feel someting for it, if you have reservations espesh ones like that you should really think about it. Just try and imagine if they got together after the baby is born and every time you say his name you think of that?? Thats just my opinion though, hope you get it all sorted though :) thats a rubbish situation! :hugs: :hugs:

tell him it reminds you of maxwell house coffee and come up with something new. say you wouldnt want to call your baby PG tips..

get looking through all the websites again :)

https://www.momswhothink.com/baby-boy-names/baby-boy-names-a-to-z-listing.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->