Soy Isoflavones question

Katies

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I was thinking about trying soy iso, After having a blood test last month to decover that I'm not ovulating, so I look in 4 places to find some with no luck. So I went one and found a website but it says not to use if trying to conceive?

I'm also curious about this. My cycles are extremely long and it seems that I'm not ovulating either... I was told soy isoflavones shorten cycles, but then I've also read that soy can hurt fertility? Hmm...

Soy hurts fertility if you take it the whole cycle.

Taking it for just five days doesn't hurt fertility.

It has mixed results, though, so do lots of research before deciding

I'm trying it this month. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Thanks ladies, Sorry I lost the post and couldnt figure out how to find it! (new to this site) So I went ahead and bought some online, Hopefully it will get here before AF does! I figured anything at this point is more helpful then not ovulating!

What days and mg are you going to take? I took mine cd2-5 at 120mg and cd6-7 200mg.

I'm hoping I bought the right thing. Things are so hard to find in NZ. I got Nature’s Way Soy Isoflavones Standardized, I was thinking of taking 2 capsules cd2-5 or 6

I've heard some ladies using them days 3-7? It is basically a natural version of clomid, which my doctor had me take (clomid, that is) cd 5-9. I was thinking of doing cd 3-7, because even on clomid I was o'ing around cd 18. Which is still WAY better than being on cd61 with no idea when or if o has or will occur!! Grr.... can't wait to start af just so I can regulate myself with soy iso.

I've heard some ladies using them days 3-7? It is basically a natural version of clomid, which my doctor had me take (clomid, that is) cd 5-9. I was thinking of doing cd 3-7, because even on clomid I was o'ing around cd 18. Which is still WAY better than being on cd61 with no idea when or if o has or will occur!! Grr.... can't wait to start af just so I can regulate myself with soy iso.

I hope it works wonders for all of us.

I was wondering the same thing I know tesco do them but currently none in stock and really wanted them as was on cycle day 3 so I purchased them at boots but there the menopause ones boots own brand with 20mg of soy in them but have loads of other vitamins in them, are they still okay to take???? I started them on cycle day 4 80mg (4 tablets) then had 5 tablets (100mg) day 5 same on day 6 & 7 now it's the last day cycle day 8 so I may take 120mg today, so fingers crossed they work.... I hope there okay to take as they are menopause tablets & I'm only 26 but willing to try anything to try and conceive baby no2 (been a long 5 year trying) good luck ladies really hope it works & we all get bfp :) xxx

Hey ladies.

My 17-month old was conceived on soy. We Ntnp for 2 months and then actively tried for 6 and that month I got my bfp. I took it cd3-7, like this:

Cd3: 80mg
Cd4: 80mg
Cd5: 120mg
Cd6: 120mg
Cd7: 160mg

I also told one of my friends about them and she took them the exact same way I did and also got a bfp. She has a healthy 15-month old.

I just took them again this cycle after a miscarriage (which I DID NOT take them with) and did them:

Cd5: 80mg
Cd7: 120mg

It's best to start out low, it seems to me people have the best luck when they take just a little extra the last day or two. Don't take over 200mg. A lot of people start with 80mg.

I take mine at night because some women say they have hot flashes and headaches with them. I didn't have them either time. I don't remember last time well but this time I've even really "in the mood" including having crazy dreams.

I'll post to this thread whenever I get a bfp or get AF if you ladies are interested.

Hey ladies.

My 17-month old was conceived on soy. We Ntnp for 2 months and then actively tried for 6 and that month I got my bfp. I took it cd3-7, like this:

Cd5: 120mg
Cd7: 160mg

I also told one of my friends about them and she took them the exact same way I did and also got a bfp. She has a healthy 15-month old.

I just took them again this cycle after a miscarriage (which I DID NOT take them with) and did them:

Cd5: 80mg
Cd7: 120mg

It's best to start out low, it seems to me people have the best luck when they take just a little extra the last day or two. Don't take over 200mg. A lot of people start with 80mg.

I take mine at night because some women say they have hot flashes and headaches with them. I didn't have them either time. I don't remember last time well but this time I've even really "in the mood" including having crazy dreams.

I'll post to this thread whenever I get a bfp or get AF if you ladies are interested.
Good luck! I hope it works for you again. Sorry about your loss :(
Im intrested to see how it works for you. The iso soy I have is Nature's Way Soy isoflavones standardized. It says it's "Non-GMO soy isoflavones extract (bean) 40% isdoflavones. 100mg"
Do you think it's 100mg of soy iso or is it 40mg's? the 40% confuses me.
Still waiting for the :witch: to come so I can start.

My little girl is a Soy miracle. We'd been trying for 30months and I was due to take clomid the month after but tried soy first.....it worked!

I'll try and find my protocol....it's somewhere on here, and post it for you.

I bought my soy isos from Tesco. X

ETA: here's my protocol:

Daily:
Prenatal (including 400mcg Folic Acid)
1200mcg FA (so I was taking 1600mg in total of Folic Acid)
30mg Vitamin B6
75mg Aspirin

CD 2-6:
200mg Soy

CD 7:
80mg Soy

CD 8-9:
40mg Soy

I ovulated on CD 20, we BD'd on CD 16 & 18. I had EWCM on CD 17, and a few seconds of OV pain on CD20.
I used a heat pad every night on my tummy after OV. I had implantation bleeding from 12-14DPO, very scant.

Katies, can you take a picture of the bottle (the back or whenever it says 40%) and post it? Maybe I can help make sense of it. I know I saw someone with a similar issue and they assume it was 40% soy isoflavones? So they took double the amount? But don't quote me just yet I don't want you to end up taking too much!

https://www.tasmanhealth.co.nz/natures-way-soy-isoflavones-standardized/
It's these ones :)

It looks to me like it really is 40% isoflavones, so if I were you I would try to find a way to cut some of the pills in half, and maybe take a pill and a half cd3-7 or so?

It looks to me like it really is 40% isoflavones, so if I were you I would try to find a way to cut some of the pills in half, and maybe take a pill and a half cd3-7 or so?

Thanks, I don't think I can cut them in half because it's capsules with powder. I'll figure something out :)

My little girl is a Soy miracle. We'd been trying for 30months and I was due to take clomid the month after but tried soy first.....it worked!

I'll try and find my protocol....it's somewhere on here, and post it for you.

I bought my soy isos from Tesco. X

ETA: here's my protocol:

Daily:
Prenatal (including 400mcg Folic Acid)
1200mcg FA (so I was taking 1600mg in total of Folic Acid)
30mg Vitamin B6
75mg Aspirin

CD 2-6:
200mg Soy

CD 7:
80mg Soy

CD 8-9:
40mg Soy

I ovulated on CD 20, we BD'd on CD 16 & 18. I had EWCM on CD 17, and a few seconds of OV pain on CD20.
I used a heat pad every night on my tummy after OV. I had implantation bleeding from 12-14DPO, very scant.

May I ask why you took asprin? Was it normal asprin or baby? Did you take it your entire cycle?

Yes baby aspirin 75mg. Took it to slightly thin my blood to make implantation into the uterine wall easier.

All my daily supplements I took until I was 8 weeks, then ever other day until 10 weeks then twice a week until 12 weeks when I stopped taking everything.

Oh ok, interesting. I was talking to my sister about this, apparently when she did clomid they put her on baby asprin as well.. So I was interested to see your reason for it. Do you think taking it 2-6 helped as opposed any other 3-7 or 5-9? I've taken clomid 3 times on days 3-7 and ovulated 2 out of the 3 times, but never caught the egg. That has me wondering if I just didn't release any, or if it wasn't mature enough? I'm not sure... I also didn't ovulate until cd 20 and 25 when I was on it, which I know is late for O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->