Soy Isoflavones??

B

BabyHopes21

I need help. I'm researching Soy Isoflavones and I'm totally confused. I thought soy was bad for fertility? How do you know if you can take it? Or how much and when? Anyone have success with it? I'll take any info you have! :) Thanks!

I used Soy Iso's this cycle on CD's 2-6. I am now on CD 8 and just waiting for ovulation.

I took 80mg, 80mg, 120, 120, 160... I researched it alot and from what I understand, taking it for just the 5 days will not negatively affect fertility but you have to be careful to avoid all soy for the rest of your cycle. Too much soy can mess you up even more which is why I started out with the lower doses instead of jumping into taking 200mg a day like I have seen some women do.

It's also my understanding that you should not use them if you have a regular cycle and you ovulate on your own, although I have read some contradicting things about that saying that even if you do O on your own, that soy iso's can give you a stronger ovulation and a bigger/more mature egg.

For me, I chose to try them out this month because we have been TTC for almost a year now. I was on the depo shot for 9 months and it took my AF 9 months to return and since then my cycles have just been all over the place.. one month it will be 40 days, the next it will be 18 days... My most recent cycle was 27 days which was the closest to normal that I've had so far but I decided to go ahead and try the soy this month after reading several success stories.

As to when to take it, you take it like you would take Clomid... On CD's 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9 ... The earlier you take it, the more follicles you will produce. THe later you take it, the more mature the egg will be. I read that increasing the dose as you go helps to "force" ovulation.

I'm on my 3rd soy iso cycle (cd2-6 160, 160, 160, 200, 200). I'm 5dpo today. If I don't get my BFP this cycle, I'll give myself a break for a few cycles and try again.

I started as I had a few consecutive cycles where I didn't detect Ov - the past 3 cycles, I have Ovd on cd14, cd11 and cd12.

Goodluck huni

I'm trying soy on my next cycle. Probably CD3-7. From what I hear, as long as you only take it a few days per cycle and don't use it ALL the time (like use it 3 cycles, if no BFP, take a cycle or two off) you should be safe. And definitely avoid all other soy for the cycle you take it!

Good luck!

I'm also thinking about taking soy if I don't get my BFP on Clomid. I'll probably take it CD3-7 but I'm unsure of the dose, I'd like a dose that is similar to 50mg of clomid. Anyone know who much I should take? Cheers

Clomid is supposed to be twice as strong as Soy - 50mg clomid = 100mg Soy

GL Hun

I've read on a few sites to start off at 80mg (most tablets come in 40mg capsules) and then if no ovulation you up your dose the next month. Best to start small and increase. That is if you are completely unsure and want to be cautious :)

Thanks for all the info :) One more question... How do you decide which cycle days to take it? And I've seen that some girls start low and then up their last 2 doses, why?

I the the earlier you take soy the.more eggs you produce and later you have fewer eggs but are more mature. The happy medium apparently is cd3-7. Hope that is right :)

I tried soy my last cycle. I took 160mg days 3-7. I have regular cycles and was worried soy would mess it up but didn't. I ovulated same time I do every month on it. I am on clomid/IUI this round. When I did the soy my ovaries were sore and tender but now that I'm on clomid I feel the occasional aches and twinges but not like last cycle. I'm on 50mg clomid this month. Hope it works for all of u!

Oops I forgot about the other post that totally answered me question! Sorry Thanks Aesa and ducky1502!!

I read that 80mg soy = 50mg clomid. I'll start off w/ 80mg for the first cycle and then if it doesn't make me ovulate I'll go up from there.

I'm glad you asked this -I've just bought some soy to try :)

Soy IS bad for your fertility if you eat/drink it a lot.. that's why you only take soy iso for 5 days in the very beginning of your cycle so it effects your cycle in a good way. When I take soy iso, I ovulate on CD18 (30 day cycle) and when I don't it's usually very long (I'm on CD40 now and I believe 9dpo) My longest cycle was 64 days.

It's only recommend for women with long, very irregular cycles. If you have normal cycles, then it could very well mess with the ovulation process since nothing's wrong. Some women on BNB have had that happened. For us with long crazy cycles, it's a life saver xx

can anyone put up links for studies using soy
or the equivalents of soy-clomid
any other info? articles?

TIA :flower:

I tried soy this cycle and got my bfp today, so it can't damage fertility too bad!

It was my first month on soy and my second cycle ttc (although I'm not sure whether I ovulated last month). One thing I did notice was ovulation pain when on soy, and I definitely don't get that normally. So I'm thinking soy maybe resulted in stronger ovulation :shrug:

Like other girls have said, It wouldn't be healthy to use every cycle. But anything is worth a shot!

Good luck everyone!!

I was planning to try soy again this month but I also got my bfp.

One thing I will say was this month I was planning to start my 5 days of soy, but kept missing the start date so missed cd2, cd3, and so I was going to do 5-9. I took some on cd 5 (cant remember the mg) then decided I didnt want to do it anymore. Not sure if that has anything to do with my bfp but thats what happened.

GL ladies!!

I bought some soy but then a couple people told me not to take it if cycles are normal and ovulation is occuring. But it has taken me almost a year after each m/c (3) to get pregnant again, so wondering if the soy might help. Any thoughts? I'm kinda scared to take it since I'm regular, but then again, I'm desperate to try anything that might help. Feeling confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->