Soya formula

Claire s

Reaction score
After weeks of my baby girl screaming while feeding her my doctor has said all the symptoms she has could very possibly be an allergy to the cows milk protein in the formula so she has suggested trying a soya based formula. My daughter seems much more content on this and her symptoms o sneezing and couging are disappearing, I am just worried about giving her a different type of milk. Has anyone else had experience of this?

my dd is allergic to milk and is on a soy formula. It has worked great for us. I know a lot of people are against soy but if there is no non based milk alternative what can you do?

There is a large crossover of children who are allergic to cow milk also being allergic to soy - my LO's one of them.

This is why soya milk formula is NOT recommended as an alternative to cow milk formula - if they're allergic to one, they're probably allergic to the other. Your Gp should know this, it is concerning that they recommended soy to you!

If they really do think it's a cow milk allergy then they should be prescribing your LO a extensively hydrolysed formula like Nutramagen, where the milk protein has been broken down so that the body doesn't recognise it as an allergen.. They also should be referring you to a paediatric dietician for advice on how to handle weaning etc when the time comes. If I were you I'd go get a second opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->