spa- can i use sauna/steamroom??

Ally2015

Reaction score
Hello

I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant, and after having previous miscarriage i am so anxious and worried.

My friends booked me for a spa day tomorrow, but can I use the sauna/steamroom etc? I read that the heat may be bad for me?

I'm not getting a massage as I read you are not supposed too, so I am just getting a facial.

Any advice would be great- none of my friends know, so I need an excuse so they don't suspect!

This is the advice given on the nhs website,

When you use a sauna, jacuzzi, hot tub or steam room, your body is unable to lose heat effectively by sweating. Your body's core temperature therefore rises. It's possible that a significant rise in your core temperature may affect your unborn baby's development, particularly in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Hope you enjoy your day, sounds great!

Thanks Maryanne, it's actually my hen night tomorrow, get married in a couple of weeks.

I guess I will just stick to the pool, but any idea what I could say to friends about not using sauna/steam room etc?

Have you been on a spa day with friends before? If not then just say you hate the sauna, I can't stand them and never go in them. The few times I've been to the spa ive not been in. Would your friends think that strange?

Yeah I would say I don't really like saunas and I'm worried it makes my skin breakout before my wedding lol xx

Maryanne- yeah I have done spa days with them before and I love saunas haha but I like amzlianes suggestion of saying I don't want to break out in spots. Thank u ladies. Have a gd day x

Ive been in that situation and just said
I didn't want my face to be red all day :)
I do go like a tomato in them
It takes ages to go down
But I still like them :)
Enjoy ur day xx

Had a fab time! Just stayed in the pool was great & no one suspected anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->