SPD, already, @8weeks :-/

Cajadaem

Reaction score
so, as the title says, SPD, already, at only 8 weeks :wacko:

It hurts so much already too! wouldnt expect it to be this intense so early! but am often close to tears when trying to walk :cry:

I have severe SPD in my 4th pregnancy, and it was horrid, life was very difficult at that time.
I was so lucky not to have it in my 5th pregnancy, as i did expect it to return, after being told once you have had it, you will most likely get it next time. I felt relived not to have suffered that time.

But here i am, 6th pregnancy, and only 8 weeks, and wham! Ouch :cry:

anyone else out there suffering the same, so early? please tell me i'm not alone :sad2:

Didnt want to read and run Im not much help I dont even know what SPD means... I hope you dont jave to suffer with any pain too long! But if you need to vent we're here.

I'm on my third pregnancy and had it severely with my second. I was on crutches by 32 weeks and having to have weekly physio sessions.

I just knew I'd get it again this time around and was gutted when it started up earlier at 16 weeks (it didn't start up til 22 weeks the last time).

I can't imagine how annoyed you must be with it starting up so early this time. I already feel like I've had it forever and that I'll never be pain free again! Lol.

No advice though, this time I'm doing all the usual things they recommend but I've declined crutches and physio because they just didn't help last time and besides, trying to use crutches whilst looking after a 4 and 2 year old is near impossible! Lol.

Hope you find some relief!

X

its awful. it started at 12 weeks last time i had it, i was on crutches by 26 weeks, and told by physio there was nothing they could do to help, once i had my assessment, so just had to get on with it. I feel i may need to have the use of crutches very soon at this rate, i am having to grab things as i walk, in an effort to distribute the weight elsewhere to ease the pain, so i can take the next step.
Whilst i agree, crutches dont do an awful lot to help, they did help me get around the house at the time, once i had mastered the right way to use them, helped ease the pressure with each step, of course still very painful, but a tad easier :wacko:
I suppose i was lucky in a way back then as i had a downstairs loo, whereas now i am living in a first floor maisonette, with no toilet downstairs, its just been a nightmare couple of days :cry:
I dont go out often at the moment, which is a good thing as going up and down the outside stairs could prove interesting, whilst trying to get the others who are 4, 3 and 1 and a half down the stairs safely, and the pushchair too, this is looking to be a fun few months ahead, especially as 4yr old starts school in sept, and 3yr old nursery, so school/nursery runs twice a day, 3 trips up and down those stairs, ouch! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->