SPD & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

mellylou88

Mummy To A Baby Boy
Reaction score
When I last saw MW I told her that I was getting pain in my hips/pelvic area (mostly at night whilst moving in bed and first thing in the morning) also on my right hand from my middle finger down through to my hand and arm aches - this again is more painful at night and first thing in a morning.

She has referred me to physio, just wondered if anyone has or is suffering from the same and could give me some advice?

I had both in my first pregnancy, and just starting to get both again now.
No advice really other than listen to the physio re exercise and wear the splints

It's not like it agony pain for me though (don't want them to think I'm wasting there time) but I suppose it is better to be seen and advised then nothing at all?

I had severe SPD with my dd and it started again this pregnancy around 36 weeks. (Started earlier with my first).

It can be agony and only get worse so you're definitely doing the right thing being seen, I had crutches last time it was so bad.

I have carpal tunnel syndrome this time, didn't have it last time. I haven't even mentioned it to my midwife as I assume it will go away after baby is born but if it's affecting your daily life then definitely best to get it seen.

Good luck x

I had severe SPD with my dd and it started again this pregnancy around 36 weeks. (Started earlier with my first).

It can be agony and only get worse so you're definitely doing the right thing being seen, I had crutches last time it was so bad.

I have carpal tunnel syndrome this time, didn't have it last time. I haven't even mentioned it to my midwife as I assume it will go away after baby is born but if it's affecting your daily life then definitely best to get it seen.

Good luck x

I have got my physio appointment tomorrow morning now, so hopefully will get to the bottom of these aches and pains but some days are worse than others.

Will let you know how it goes and what is said :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->