• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SPD/PGP Support Thread!

I've just been diagnosed with SPD, although I've had it for a while.. I only just mentioned it to my midwife. She won't refer me to physio as she thinks it's pointless, so I just have to deal with it. I bought a lovely support band from ToysRUs, which helps with the bump pain, but not the hip or groin pain. The hip pain wakes me up multiple times in the night, the hip & groin pain makes turning over agony! I'm surprised I don't wake DH with the grunting as I turn. How attractive :haha: The groin pain only really started after DH had to have an op on his leg & I was sitting in hospital with him all day. It felt like someone had kicked me several times in the vagina & I was bruised. It just never went away.

I feel like my body is trying to give me a really well rounded view on pregnancy by showing me all the crappy parts :haha: What with the severe morning sickness, food aversions & sewage smell, SPD & GD! Only 8 weeks to go. I've got so many things to do as well, I'm not counting down the days just yet! Lol

Haha charmed! The grunting in bed is so attractive - one benifit of hubby being Deaf is that I can grunt away! Rolling over is the pits.

With my belt I found turning it around and having the wide part on my bum rather than under my bump helped more, might be worth a try

Charmed you poor thing! I just started wearing a proper physio support belt and it is making a huge difference. I'm going to start hydro pregnancy classes too as I've heard that helps. It takes me ages to roll over in bed, and my hips....omg they hurt so bad. I believe if you see a physio who has lots of experience with this kind of thing they can help you a lot.

29 weeks with baby number 4 and it started , I'm now 32 weeks and can't move without crutches and can't get out of bed with out meds that don't even take the edge off , can't wait for it to end now

I was in hospital for 5 days because of it recently (came out yesterday) but I was also having pains across my whole bump and reduced movements. they don't really know what is causing all the pains, one doctor think its more then luckily spd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->