Spd post labour

gem_wilko

Reaction score
Hello, my little one is just over a month old now, was wondering from any mums from previous pregnancies, if you had spd during pregnancy, did it continue once you dleivered?
I had quite severe spd, but seemed to disappear when Amelia was born, which was quite nice, but i started my first "normal" period yesterday, and have since got the same spd pains back.. is this normal or just coincidence?
Thanks in advance x

I had it as well, terrible! My spd disapeared within a week after Marielle was born. But around my period or when I do intensive exercise I still feel it... Hope it will disappear for good one day...

Hey, i'm gatecrashing from 2nd tri but i had this with my first daughter 5 years ago and it's never gone away!! That just me, i suffered pelvic damage during her birth and have been suffering ever since.

I popped over to tell you what i've found, it always, always feels that little bit worse a few days before and during my period!! I think the fact that you were feeling fine before your first normal period is great, i was told that when your having your period smaller amounts of the hormone Relaxin (the one that causes SPD) are released, bringing a temporary return of your symptoms.

I think you should be fine, the fact that it was gone after birth is a great sign, the doctor and physiotherapist told me about the worsoning of symptoms during a period and i've found that to be true, give yourself a few days after you've finished and they should be gone again (if i'm right lol) if not then see your doctor as you may need physio.

Hope it goes asap, it may just rear its ugly head once a month xx

Mine disappeared straight away. However I had got into a habit of walking a certain way, to curtail the pain, and it took me a few days to get out of the habit of doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->