SPD REARS ITS UGLY HEAD!!!!!!!!

becca

Reaction score
:( Had a great few days away in Devon only my old friend Symphusis Pubis Dysfunction is back with avengence. Anyone having the same probs out there. Feeling pants about it especially since i've been paying a chiropractor to keep it at bay!!BOO HOO :cry:

Becca,

Today my OH told her m/w about groin pain, and the m/w said that it sounds like she has SPD (Couldn't remember the actual name then or now).

She suggested going to GP for a physio referal to get a pelvic support belt (looks like a sumo wrestlers belt apparently!).

OH isn't too keen on that idea.

Have you had it before in this pregancy or a previous one?
Does it come and go?

OH didn't have it with DD, but it seems to come and go this time around.

Hope it isn't too bad for you!

hey there thanks for the support, i did have it with my last pregnancy 5 years ago but it was much worse than i have at the mo!! it can go all by itself, mine went after i had erin but i needed physio for a few months.A HUGE TIP DONT LET THE PHYSIO GIVE HER A WIDE PELVIC STRAP ITS HORRID :evil: I got one from my chiro which is thinner and you can wear under your clothes, it does restrict movement so no shopping marathons !!!!! :cry: im determined not to end up on crutches!

Hi hun!!

Sorry you are suffereing babe :hugs:

Glad you had a great time away tho hun.........something always has to ruin our good moods eh?

As Paul has just said above, it looks like I may have it......I will never remember what it's called, I have problems with the HG as it is :roll:

Do you have the belt, and is it better with it? I know this sounds daft, but I take it walking is not the best thing you can do then? I thought walking may have helped until she told me what she thought I may have?

Take care babe xx

Walking is ok but not far but i find stairs and driving a prob! the belt helps though and go to the pool as much as you can , you dont have to swim just float :D :D My hubs is fantastic and has the patience of a saint as by the end of the day you may feel like you have been kicked you know where so get ready paul!! :hugs: LOTS OF HUGS FOR YOUR LOVELY LADY! I fully understand where your coming from with this spd so if you need to moan do itit really helps.If you do have it get a gym ball to sit on oooooh its heaven! :lol:

Thanks for that hun! Sounds like you have or had it quite bad babe!! :shock: xx

:lol:

What's with the gym ball? LOL!!

Morning \:D/ !!!! Got my first physio appointment today at the hospital.I got a phonecall this morning , alot quicker than i expected! Hope you get yours sorted soon tam x x :D

Sorry i forgot to tell you tam the gym ball takes pressure off your back and 'down you know where' :oops: I normally sit on mine in the evening when its most sore.Try it , its good even if you dont have SPD.

Oh good luck hun!!!

And the gym ball sounds good!! We will have to invest, not only that, there are exercises you can do that are meant to help with the birth too, so a double whammy!

Thanks for all of your advice xx

Let us kow how you get on and I hope it eases up for you babe! :hugs: xx

:( GOT THE BELT EWWWE!!!! MY JOINTS ARE REALLY LAX SO NO DRIVING FOR ME BUT AT LEAST I DONT HAVE TO GO ON CRUTCHES. THE PHYSIO SENT ME AWAY WITH EXCERCISES AND PAPERWORK AND SAID TO GO BACK IF IT GETS WORSE. HOPE YOU ARE GETTING ON OKAY TAM x x :thumpup:

Awwww babe!!

How is it walking about?

I am so sorry you have this!

Well we went out for a meal last week and when I got up off the chair (hard chair) Oh god, I could barely walk :( It was so painful!!! So I decided to go and see my GP that day, sadly I couldn't see mine and I was in a and out so fast, I am sure she didn't listen to me :cry:

She felt in my groin and decided it was groin strain.............but I am just not convinced.....she didn't take notice about the bottom of my spine, norr the pubic bone (at times).....if it was groin strain, surely that would not have good and bad days?!? Plus it has been weeks now......So I don't have a clue what is wrong with me, it makes me miserable!

It plays up when I go up the stairs individually, rather than having both feet on one stair before starting the next one............

Sitting on most things barr my sofa......

It can hurt in bed, and the bottom of my spine aches.......and it can be hard turning in bed and all that.......

Walking can be ok, but if playing up, it can be painful :(

I am going to try and get into see MY GP and see what she has to say, she listens to me and is ace, so watch this space!

Hope the belt does the trick for you babe!!

Take care & chat soon xx

:shock: oh my god Tam!!! you must get your GP to refer you to an obstetric physio.It is definately not groin strain hun, did you get a gym ball?
Its symphusis pubis dysfunction for sure, i get all of those probs :( If you dont feel like GP is really helping have a good moan at your midwife or consultant(if you have one) :trouble: SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!
I hope you are feeling okay :hugs: Take care of that pelvis!!! x x

Awwww Thank you babe!! I am just so frustrated about not being able to get to see MY GP........I know she will listen and sprt me out :( So i guess I am just going to have to book another appointment but about 3 weeks in advance i think it is :? but better late than never!

I am sitting on the soffa now, the left of the bottom of my spine is really aching, and also the left of my pubic bone...... :( it is so uncomfy!

But hey ho, I am able to get from a to b, so that is all that matters!

I will let you know how I get on, but thanks for all of your help babe!

Oh by the way, I do not have a gym ball as yet but am working on it!

:hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->