SPD -- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

welp, I've had the clit and lip pain now... :dohh: just got it tonight after taking a light downstairs to help my hubby see his way up when he got home in a power outage. Beginning to think I shouldve made him crawl up the stairs in the dark, the pain in my entire pubis area is absolutely unbearable! All night, morning, and day, it has been cracking and shifting and hurting like hell! I'm just a ball of tears right now :cry: and the stupid electricity is probably going to be out all night so it's just gonna keep getting colder until that's unbearable too!

I finally found a site that had provided so much information about SPD, what it is and how it can be treated, and I've been wanting to share it but couldn't find it again till just now. It is chock full of all kinds of info, including stories from women that have been treated for it. I think it is a great read for anyone that has or suspects they may have SPD.
https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

DID you find it worse getting out of bed? Its so hard for me to get out of bed a lot of times I barely make it to the bathroom.

Oh yeah definitely. Unless my hubby isn't home or I have to go to an appointment, I ONLY get out of bed to go to the bathroom. And even then, I only go two or three times a day at the most. I already had superbladder, but this has caused me to force it to work even harder, which I know isn't healthy, but it's better than crying all day from the pain. Actually, the other day, I realized I only went ONCE! If the chiro doesn't relieve my pain, I don't know how I'll survive third tri when I'll have no choice but to go to the bathroom more often...

Don't forget to keep your knees together when getting out of bed. It helps a lot.

I went and saw a physical therapist and he said not much he can do about some of the pelvis pain but he found that a lot of my pain was caused by my leg slipping out of place which caused my pelvis to turn! He said he can't fix it all but it should help and im going to need to be put back in place again since its all loose but got i only have the cracking and popping when turning at night. Though I still have very bad pain right in my private area when I walk. I feel so much better though.

That sounds pretty painful! I'm glad he was able to help you at least a little. My physical therapist knew almost nothing about SPD when I went to him so all he knew was what he researched after my first visit. He helped my other pains but was useless really for the SPD, other than giving me exercises to try to keep it from getting worse. To be honest, I don't know if they really work because I've been too painful to do any of them!

I have been suffering from SPD from very early on looking back I think I had it in my previous pregnancy but put it down to my baby being breech and the pain was her kicking on my lower bits.

I am currently on my 2nd sick note form the doctor as I can be okay for a couple of days and then I try to do 'normal' things and then the following day I am back to square one.

I also have siatic pain in my left leg due which makes the exercise sheet from the doctor impossible to do and I am now waiting for the referal to a physio to come through.

I feel for all of you ladies xx

That sounds pretty painful! I'm glad he was able to help you at least a little. My physical therapist knew almost nothing about SPD when I went to him so all he knew was what he researched after my first visit. He helped my other pains but was useless really for the SPD, other than giving me exercises to try to keep it from getting worse. To be honest, I don't know if they really work because I've been too painful to do any of them!

I got lucky because he knew quite abit and knew he could not help it but he wanted to check me anyways to see what it had done that he MAY be able to fix and thank god he did because I was able to get relief somewhat I would pop and crack bad when I walked, sat up, went up stairs, moved my legs. You get the picture and loud cracking sounds that other people could hear! AHH! He told me manual is best for after preggos because at this point I will be to loose to help. An this is why he suggests if I feel back to how I was come in so he can pop me back. He also told me for the pressure to get fitted for a preggo girdle and it will take the pressure off my area some. I still have to do that! He told me about exercises as well and using a pool for pain relief. I have done neither because some pain is better then all pain. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->