SPD uk and getting baby out?

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Hiya
after months of pain and discomfort and a 2 night stay in hospital earlier this week, yesterday I was finally been diagnosed with SPD.
i'm 32 weeks on sunday and I see my consultant on Monday. i'm meant to be having a C-section around 39 weeks but there is no way I can handle this pain for another 7 weeks.
I live on a 3rd floor flat with no lift, work and take care of my 2 boys.
if I asked them to bring my C-section forward would they?

Not for spd hunny. I was using crutches and was housebound with my son. I begged for a slightly earlier induction but they would only book me in from 40 weeks :(

Have you had physio? Do you know all the tips and tricks on "managing" it? Hugs to you. Spd is horrible to live with x

I was induced at 37 weeks for SPD with DD so I think it's depends on your consultant. You can always ask.

that sucks :(
they have referred me for physio yesterday, they haven't told me anything about, haven't given me any info on how to manage it, just given me pain killers and told me to take them sparingly

defiantly going to ask, the worse they can say is no.

The biggest tip I can share with you is rest rest rest. You can't "walk off" spd pain. This is the time to ask friends/family/hubby for help.

Don't stand on one leg to put trousers/knickers on. Sit down to do anything like that.

Don't push trolleys at the supermarket. Prams/hoovers out too!

Put a plastic bag on the car seat and plonk your bum in first then swivel round.

Pelvic floor exercises can help.

Keep your legs together when turning over in bed.

Can't think of any more but these really help me day to day x

Where i am SPD is not seen as a medical reason to bring baby out any earlier.

As you say does no harm in asking.

To be honest, physio isn't going to help. They can give tips like keeping your legs together when getting out of bed, doing things like the ironing sat down etc but physio isn't going to improve things.
The one thing that has given me a couple of days relief a week in both pregnancies has been acupuncture, which the NHS are doing.

The biggest tip I can share with you is rest rest rest. You can't "walk off" spd pain. This is the time to ask friends/family/hubby for help.

Don't stand on one leg to put trousers/knickers on. Sit down to do anything like that.

Don't push trolleys at the supermarket. Prams/hoovers out too!

Put a plastic bag on the car seat and plonk your bum in first then swivel round.

Pelvic floor exercises can help.

Keep your legs together when turning over in bed.

Can't think of any more but these really help me day to day x

thank you
the resting one is going to be hard, i'm always on the go, not pushing a pram around yea can't do that either, got a little one in the pram.
wow this pain is only going to get worse lol.
trying to rest as much as possible. I had my mum in law help me today, I got hubby home Friday and Monday. so I have a few days where I have people helping me, Thursday I am back at work though as that's when my sick note runs out. x

To be honest, physio isn't going to help. They can give tips like keeping your legs together when getting out of bed, doing things like the ironing sat down etc but physio isn't going to improve things.
The one thing that has given me a couple of days relief a week in both pregnancies has been acupuncture, which the NHS are doing.

my sister in law said that physio doesn't help as well, not until after you've had baby.

What do you do chick? Any chance of being able to sit/slow down when you feel the pain? I honestly feel your pain. It's horrendous. I almost punched the midwife the other day and she was only measuring the fundal height. She pressed the tape measure on my Punic bone and I almost hit the ceiling :(

Hiya
after months of pain and discomfort and a 2 night stay in hospital earlier this week, yesterday I was finally been diagnosed with SPD.
i'm 32 weeks on sunday and I see my consultant on Monday. i'm meant to be having a C-section around 39 weeks but there is no way I can handle this pain for another 7 weeks.

A friend of mine had her induction at 37weeks due to spd. I think it depends on the consultant.

What do you do chick? Any chance of being able to sit/slow down when you feel the pain? I honestly feel your pain. It's horrendous. I almost punched the midwife the other day and she was only measuring the fundal height. She pressed the tape measure on my Punic bone and I almost hit the ceiling :(

I work for wilkos on the tills, my supervisor won't let me stand at the tills because of almost passing out twice. when I go back i'll have 2 weeks left at work anyway.
they tried feeling where baby was yesterday but because of the pain couldn't find out how engaged he was, just that he was head down.

Hiya

A friend of mine had her induction at 37weeks due to spd. I think it depends on the consultant.

Some of the consultants I have seen have been really good, i'm hoping I have a good one Monday as was going to ask for around 37 weeks.

Hiya

Some of the consultants I have seen have been really good, i'm hoping I have a good one Monday as was going to ask for around 37 weeks.

My friend was there in adau almost daily with pain. I think in the end they got bored of seeing her face lol. Some consultants are a little more willing than others. Hope you find some relief soon Hun.

If you get a good physio, it can actually make a huge difference. I was in agony at 20 weeks, so my doctor referred me in and after like 5 or 6 appointments, I was able to walk with no pain. A couple of activities still hurt (like getting in/out of the pickup) but it was dramatically better!

Even if they can't give you any exercises to help, you can ask for a support belt/girdle/maternity band thingy. It goes around your hips tightly and helps to prevent the pelvis from wiggling, and is supposed to provide some relief. I've been able to manage without it personally, but I've heard of several women who swear having one was the only way they coped with the pregnancy.

As for tips -- sleep on your side, put a pillow or a rolled up towel between your knees, and put a pillow under your bump to support it.

There's some good tips here hun xx

I feel your pain. Spd is miserable.

I had SPD with all of mine, it's horrible...:cry:
Just wondering are you due to have a c-section anyway or due to the SPD? I'm only asking as the labour wasn't too bad and the pain went as soon as baby was born with my two. No physio required!

I had SPD with my dd it was horrific. I was on crutches from 14 weeks and took all sorts of prescribed strong meds and nothing worked. I was housebound. They would not induce me because of it as it was not a threat to me/baby. Not what you want to hear but most won't do it. I hope you get some relief soon

I had SPD with all of mine, it's horrible...:cry:
Just wondering are you due to have a c-section anyway or due to the SPD? I'm only asking as the labour wasn't too bad and the pain went as soon as baby was born with my two. No physio required!

That's really reassuring thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->