Speech at 15 months

K

KiansMummy

My LO has just gone 15 Months and I can't say he really says any words. He always babbled and makes sounds like daddada mamamama gagagaga etc , most sounds a load of gobbildigook lol. But I just wondered if this is normal or not? What was your LO speech like at 15 months?

My guy is almost 15 months and says about the same stuff as yours. I think it's pretty normal, babbling is good, it will develop into words at some point. He says, "more please" and "that" and "delicious", but they actually sound like, "mo peas", "dat", and "dsshhsss". lol.

Yeah Archie is mostly gobbledygook too - he does say 'ta that' 'more' 'lie down' 'stay there' but it's mostly he says the tune of the way I say it if that makes sense so I know what it means.

He can also babble the tune of Bob the Builder and I love you (Barney) :haha:

ryan is 14 months and is barely saying anything :( the odd time he says dada and ma ma or shouts baaaaa which means bad apart from that he babbles aload of rubbish he is more interested in trying to climb things than trying to talk lol im not worried tho as my niece didnt properly start talking till she was 3!! and shes fine now xx

Lots of babbling with the occasional word thrown in here!

I posted a similar thread like this when my LO was your age. Honestly, he's not a big talker even now but I have noticed an increase in his speech over the past month, he seems to copy words I say and even though they aren't clear you can tell he's trying. My LO was babbling at that age too, don't worry about it!

My daughter was that way as well. Said maybe 5-10 words at 18 months, pretty much as soon as she turned 2 she really picked up her speech and now speaks better then most of her friends who were talking before her.

Hi!

I think the fact that your baby is babbling and attempting to speak is all that you need! :D Forming words will come with time.

I hear everyone's babies are babbling away. My little one is the opposite... She doesn't babble hardley ever. But can say 7 words. The only time she says those words is when she see's them. Or she tries to repeat what I say when I read her Baby Einstein letter books, that have a letter and three pages of items/animals that start with that letter.

But no babbling. lol I'm worried she isn't babbling but can say some words, and you're worrying that your baby babbles but doesn't say any words. lol. It's a mess!

I'm sure your little one is just fine and one dsy will pop out with tons of words!! :D

:flower:

i think he's doing just fine! poppy didnt say any decipherable words until she was about 18 months and now she copies EVERYTHING.

My lo is the same but he is 16 months now. He babbles non stop and a few babble noises sounds like 'whats that' and 'oh dear god' :lol: I know he doesn't say them words but it sounds like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->