Sperm analysis question. Low morphology! Pleaseeeee help.

calimom029

Reaction score
I'm 29, DH is 31. I have no fertility problems (all exams came back great). So today we got DH's sperm analysis results and I have to say I'm devasted with the results. His sperms have low morphology and abnormal viscosit.y All the other numbers are great and way above normal range. The only problem is the morphology and viscosity. I've read that viscosity is not a big deal... He can even take mucinex to correct it. But I'm so scared about the low morphology. DH doesn't smoke and doesn't drink. He is young and healthy... So why this?? Sorry but I just need to vent... I'm so sad :-( I called my doctor's office and the first available appointment is in 2 weeks. So while I'm wait to hear our "fate" from our doctor I'd like to know if there is anyone out there with the same problem and have some info or tips to share... Is IVF our only possible route? And about IUI?? Has anyone had the same problem and ended up getting a BFP??

Here is a copy of the results:

Color: Opalescent (normal= opalescent)

Volume (ml) : 4.1 (normal >1.5)

Liquefaction: complete (normal < 60 minutes)

pH: 7.6 (normal >7.2)

Viscosity: Moderate (normal= none - slight)

Sperm Concentration: 54.4 (normal >15)

Total Ejaculate: 223.04 (normal >39)

%mobile sperm: 51.5 (normal >40%)

Grade of progression: 3, 2+ (normal >2)

Agglutination: Slight (normal= none-slight)

% Normal Morphology 2.5 (normal >4)

I've read there is some controversy about morphology, and normal can actually be 2-6. You might want to google and read about it to get some more answers. Has he tried any supplements? Fertilaid for men and maca root are incredibly helpful for sperm! I personally would look into that (I had dh take it last time and just had him start again this time for ttc-1000mg maca 3 times per day and fertilaid taken as directed...he hadn't been tested prior to taking the supplements but both are known to do wonders for sperm and he had unbelievably excellent results after 3 months of fertilaid and one month of maca (got bfp that month)) and then have him tested again in a few months to see if there is a change. Hope everything turns out ok :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->