Sperm Analysis-What would you do?

ttc_Mera

Reaction score
What would you do: I want DH to get a sperm analysis done , and I don't see why my dr wouldn't do it. Now I have a appointment for the 18th for day 21 testing, so should I wait til then to ask for the script for the SA or should I call them tomorrow an ask them for one now and just pick it up ? I really want to call tomorrow and ask but I don't want to annoy the hell out of them.

If it's worrying you that much I'd call. Don't worry about bugging them. That's what they're for :)

I agree with PP. Just give them a call if it will ease your mind.

Thanks ladies :hug:
Well they basically told me no. They told me because I have gotten pregnant ( as you seen in my signature that they were both chemicals) then DH's sperm isn't the problem and its me. I don't understand why they can't just write the script and rule it out. Its been two years and I am just running out of options. Making me really stressed at this point.

Would it be possible to switch doctors? Or possibly have your DH has in his yearly exam? Just have him explain you guys are ttc and it has been awhile and he wants to rule it out?

I don't understand why they won't at least consider it. Even though you have been pregnant twice they were really far a part. It could be any number of things including sperm. I am really sorry hun.

Would it be possible to switch doctors? Or possibly have your DH has in his yearly exam? Just have him explain you guys are ttc and it has been awhile and he wants to rule it out?

I don't understand why they won't at least consider it. Even though you have been pregnant twice they were really far a part. It could be any number of things including sperm. I am really sorry hun.

Thanks :cry: I literally started crying on the phone when she told me no. I told her the exact same thing that although I did get pregnant its always been far apart. I just don't get why they just won't rule it out. Im not saying Im not the problem but still. I am looking into other doctors now or even fertility doctors. I think we may have to go through DH's doctor but it is a new doctor and it would be the first time DH has even seen the doctor. ( He just became a citizen and this would be his first doctor since becoming a citizen here). So I hope they don't give a problem if we ask them. Additionally, DH is no where near meeting his deductible for his insurance so I was trying to avoid him paying a doctor visit and having to pay for the testing as well. :dohh: I am absolutely lost on what to do.

Well if he goes in for a yearly visit (wellness visit is what they call them) those are covered by insurance and would include any blood work he needed. You would have to pay for the SA. We paid $75 for DH so it wasn't to terrible, and that was pricing through the fertility clinic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->