Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

MrsWKJ

Reaction score
SPERM MEETS EGG PLAN

you will “try” every other day starting on the eighth day of your cycle (CD8). The timing of this is based on how long sperm live, realistically a few days under ideal conditions. On the tenth day of your cycle (CD10) you will begin daily testing with OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) and upon receiving a positive OPK you will “try” 3 more days in a row. Skip one day and give it one more try.​

:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: jerryjo :happydance: August :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: mh_ccl :happydance: August :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: Felix26 :happydance: August :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: MIZZYD :happydance: August :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: LiLi2 :happydance: September :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: endlessblue :happydance: September :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle2 :happydance: MrsWKJ :happydance: September :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle2 :happydance: asmcsm :happydance: October :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: trinity_enigm :happydance: October :bfp:
:bfp: Cycle1 :happydance: CantHrdlyWait :happydance: October :bfp:

Currently on SMEP
Tww= [-o<

Cycle 3 (Oct)

beaglemom
fairyy
floridasian
CantHrdlyWait
hazelbaby1
Rachy28
Jett55
SCgirl
PnkPolkaDots
Pearly86

Cycle 2 (Sept)

CM Punk [-o<
Missbx [-o<
Tori0713 [-o<

floridasian :witch:
beaglemom :witch:
fairry :witch:
Jett55 :witch:
Pearly86 :witch:

lweezy
Gods children
moni77

Cycle 1 (Aug)

BumptasticMTY [-o<
kimiflo [-o<
prgirl_11 [-o<
Marqelle93 [-o<
amygrrrango [-o<

Wishing1010 :angel: :witch:
MrsWKJ :witch:
Biddes29 :witch:
SCgirl :witch:
beaglemom :witch:
floridasian :witch:
Jett55 :witch:
asmcsm :witch:
moni77 :witch:
Tori0713 :witch:
fairyy :witch:

Thanks for creating this! It seems like a bunch of us are doing this!

Currently CD 10 (technically because it is 2 am here).
Have been testing for 2 days just to be safe as I don't know my cycle that well.
Fingers crossed for us and everyone else doing this!

Count me in!

I've been spotting since yesterday though, so not sure what CD I class today as? Is CD1 when you have a proper AF flow?

I usually count CD 1 as when you know for sure that your period has started. If it's really light spotting, and you don't normally get it before AF, I wouldn't count it.

yeaap When AF starts with full flow that day is counted as CD1.

Endless blue alot of ladies spot during AF time before their BFPs you never know you might get it before even starting SMEP this cycle!! :D

I am still hoping for a :bfp: in a week or so buuuut if AF gets me, I'm totally in. :)

Lol that sounds like a lot of sex!! When I read these things I always wonder if we're doing it right.... Is doing it a couple of days before ovulation, the day of, then the day after, going to disappoint us every month?

X

Endless blue alot of ladies spot during AF time before their BFPs you never know you might get it before even starting SMEP this cycle!! :D

Really? This is only my third period since coming off the pill, as well as my pill withdrawal bleed. First month I spotted for a week beforehand but I think my body was adjusting as the period that followed wasn't all that heavy, and I've always had very heavy, painful periods.

I'm still spotting at the moment, it's barely even there but I'm just waiting to see what happens. Not really had any cramps either, it's mostly just pinching on my left side. At 6dpo(ish) this month I was cramping for an hour on mostly my left side and the ache went all down my thigh which I thought was odd :shrug:

I'll be testing august 7th hoping for a bfp but if the witch gets me count me in I've been looking for a new strategy if this cycles a bust. Good luck ladies :dust:

I may try this SMEP from next cycle, which will start on August 21st. Btw is it ok to start from cd10 instead of cd8 ??? I have 30day cycle and I normally ovulate on cd15. And I don't see the point of last day of this plan. My temp rises on cd16. So that last day means cd18 for me. Is it really necessary ? If u temp and know when the ovulation is already over and BD a day after doesn't matter right.

I may try this SMEP from next cycle, which will start on August 21st. Btw is it ok to start from cd10 instead of cd8 ??? I have 30day cycle and I normally ovulate on cd15. And I don't see the point of last day of this plan. My temp rises on cd16. So that last day means cd18 for me. Is it really necessary ? If u temp and know when the ovulation is already over and BD a day after doesn't matter right.

Yes CD10 is perfectly ok too you just missed one day CD8 hopefully that wont make much difference :)
yeah the last day does seem pointless, no use to BD after ovulation, but i guess i'll do it anyway heheh :p
I do temp so i'll know when i ovulated but i guess its just for luck i really have no clue whats the logic behind it :haha:

Good Luck Jett55 & 3chords i really hope you girls get your BFPs FX for you!! :hugs:

Bumphope yeah it is alot of sex :haha: and no you are not doing anything wrong Its recommended to BD before and at the time of ovulation. Its just a plan with good success stories. It ensures that you always have a good supply of sperm ready before ovulation. People are lucky to get pregnant with sex just once a month too. So we are all here just trying out best! :)

endlessblue Yeah so there is a chance :thumbup:. Keep your hopes up. GL :hugs:

Yes CD10 is perfectly ok too you just missed one day CD8 hopefully that wont make much difference :)
yeah the last day does seem pointless, no use to BD after ovulation, but i guess i'll do it anyway heheh :p
I do temp so i'll know when i ovulated but i guess its just for luck i really have no clue whats the logic behind it :haha:

I think last day is for good measures if u don't temp.

I am also using this method this month! Hopefully it works out!

I am not sure when I am going to ovulate as my cycle is sure to be shorter than last months...But I am on CD 10 so I guess it BD night again :)

If I do not get my BFP this cycle I plan on trying SMEP.

I am 3DPO (CD23) Plan on testing around Aug 13.

Day 3 of spotting now... I'm sure it must be AF so I'll be joining you ladies with SMEP this month. Just waiting for OPKs to arrive in the post x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->