Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Hey!

Please count me in! I am CD15 but no positive OPK yet.... we have SMEP'd so far except for a little interruption while my husband saved himself up for his sperm analysis - waiting for results an crossing my fingers!

p.s I tried a Softcup for the first time last night. It was easy to go in and WOW it was comfy but getting it out felt like I was removing an organ! Not in a pain way, just a weird sensation! GL with them lol!

GL to all, fingers crossed for everyone! xx

I bought mine at Walgreens. But they also have a softcups website & carry them on amazon. They are cheaper on amazon. I think I paid about $8 for 14 cups.

Gradstudent & Oski22 Added :)
Thanks for the infor beaglemom i'll try softcups next cycle(if i dont get BFP this time :() and see if im comfortable with them. Right now i just lie down for 45-60 mins before going to the bathroom.

I am also going to try SMEP this month, currently only on CD5 though. Ordered my OPK's...
Fingers crossed for us all xxx

Okay Biddes added you too! GL to you as well!! x

Mrs WKJ, did you know that they say lying down for 10 minutes is really all you need to do because any sperm that is strong enough to get up and reach the egg will already be up you after 10 minutes, and everything that comes out when you stand up wasn't strong enough to reach you anyway? Just asking because 60 minutes seems like a long time to be laying down after sex. :)

I may also try softcups if I do not get a BFP this month.

There are so many different things I had no idea about before joining this site.

Yes marqelle I heard the same but just for my satisfaction I lie for 60mins :p
I'm not sure about softcups either. Like you said the strong sperms don't take long to reach destinations and that's what the docs say also. So I guess I'll stick with the theory cuz I'm one of those ladies who can't stick their finders into their vagina lol I don't know how ladies check their cervix and stuff I tried and I can't just praying to God that smep works this cycle. Fx for all of us x.

I am the same way, I don't even know where to begin with that stuff.

It looks and feels like AF really is here now, which means that was a very long cycle for me - 33 days! :/ But I'll be trying SMEP with you all. Fingers crossed for BFPs!!! x

Endless its not over till AF shows up!! I dont know why but i feel its BFP for you!! I hope the feeling is right. :hugs:

Yeah marqelle but i dont think i'll ever get to that hardcore level :p of checking cervix and cervix mucus and all. Seems like a toughy for me :p

Same here. I don't check cervix. don't ever want to do that. I don't use tampon also. Because I have to insert it there. I do wanna use pre seed but again I have to insert it inside with applicator :dohh: which I don't like. If I plan to use it then I will apply it with hands externally.

Fairry, pressed works well as a basic lubricant. I used it recently by apply on husband. We were in a rush. No time for insert.

I don't have problem with ewcm. I sometimes get dry when DH tries to enter (sorry for tmi). For that only I need pre seed. And I don't want it to be too mechanical like putting pre seed and waiting for BD. We don't BD on any particular time. So I would like to use it as lube only when we get ourselves on for BD. Hope that it will work. I just don't want to use other lube as it may kill sperm but pre seed. :)

Hi everyone, the SMEP sounds great. I'm on CD1 today, so this plan is super helpful and we are TTC #1.
Look forward to sharing our experiences this month after ovulation & here's hoping we all get BFPs !!

I like this idea... I'm on CD3 now, and we've BD every other day for the last 3 cycles. Problem is, my last cycle was only 23 days (but the 3 before that were 14-16 days) because I'm coming off of depo (this is the 10th month after the shot, and we've been trying since it ran out in January)! My BBT has my charts showing that I O (early- CD 9 and 12 on the last 2 cycles), but I have yet to have truly positive OPKs... I'm hoping it's actually happening! Our plan- as soon as AF stops, start the fun!

Good luck, ladies!:thumbup:

Hi SCgirl - I'm also CD3 today and my cycles are 26 days so I think we'll start BD'ing on CD7 instead of CD8 and start testing early too. I'm very excited to try SMEP. I even showed it to DH last night and he knows what our "schedule" is going to be like! LOL! He didn't quite understand it though.

My husband is always asking so what happens when we try early. I say basically your boys are swimming around partying hoping the egg shows up. :)

Hi floridasian welcome, its ok if he didn't understand i didn't share anything with my husband just luring him every other day before Ovulation ,because even if i tell him he wont remember so better just bring him in the mood, might just make him happy thinking i want him more now (somehow) lol ;)

SCgirl, Vids, floridasian will add you girls in the list :D

lol beaglemom i hope they catch the eggy this month FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"