Spices

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Do you give your LO food with spices in it, if he/she is around my LO's age?
My kid just doesn't like bland food, he is quite happy to eat soup with garlic, salt , pepper, dill in it. Or potatoes with pesto on them. Is this bad?
I am not sure , his tummy doesn't seem to react badly so I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this?

Thanks!

My baby is nearly the same age and is the same, eats garlicky and slightly spicy things. There is no reason why not to as long as it agrees with them. Some people say if you ate like this while pg/ bf then they will be more used to it so I think that's the case for my LO- he is already used to it.

I'm careful about salt though. There is enough salt in the bread he loves without me adding extra to his cooking.

thanks, i dont add too much salt either, and i make sure he drinks a lot incase it makes him thirsty

I use herbs, spices and garlic a lot in my cooking and Aaron has been eating them ever since he was weaned. They are absolutely fine to give to babies and can be a useful replacement for salt for flavouring food. I ate a lot of curries when I was pregnant and breastfeeding so I suppose he is used to them.

Herbs and spices are used all the time im asian and middle easten countrys and thats what they ween their kids on, just us westeners that are boring cooks- No wonder the uk's favorite food it tikka masala

I use a lot of fresh herbs (we grow our own), pepper, garlic. I never add any salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->