Spiritual Midwifery

Xuxa

Mom of 9 - 6 princesses and 3 princes
Reaction score
By Ina May Gaskin. Has anyone ever read this book?
I can't put it down i'm soooo into it...WOW!!! It jsut made me sooo excited for labor and birth.

I know this time it's going to be AMAZING! If you can get a copy of this book and you are planning a natural birth, i truly recommend it.

Very Inspiring!:flower:

i have read ina may's guide to natural birth which is also amazing. i'm very excited for labour and birth. her books seem to be very inspirational

Yup! Reading it right now. Once you get past them using psychadelic, its an amazing book.

I LOVE that they talk in proper hippy speak!!! Things are 'psychedelic' or they get 'heavy' then they 'smooch' LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

^^Me too, and the descriptions of their newborns are just amazing. It's a fantastic book x

Glad i'm not the only one loving the book! :) i've started hypnobirthing sessions and me and OH have been practicing at home, but since starting to read Spiritual Midwifery even he has decided that that is how we are going to handle labor... SMOOCHING!;)

it makes so much sense when you start thinking about it. The endorphines that it must release, and besides my sex drive is crazy this pregnancy so i'm pretty sure i'll have no issue getting on with things whne i start labor.lol

Has anyone read "Unassisted childbirth"? I've ordered that one...hope it's good too.. not by Ina May but sounded good. And what other Ina May books would you recommend?xx

I've read unassisted childbirth and it's excellent. I'm just reading Ina's Birth Matters now and so far so good. Birthing The Easy Way by Sheila Stubbs is my all time fav so much so I spent hundreds getting copies sent from the author in Canada for friends as it's not available in the UK! I might have 1 copy left if you fancied it. I'd need to check when I'm home at the weekend. The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin is excellent too especially if you can get your birth partner/s to read it. It will really help them support you effectively :)

I read through this book twice while pregnant, best pregnancy/birth book I've ever read :thumbup: love the language they used back then. The pics are amazing too.

I've read unassisted childbirth and it's excellent. I'm just reading Ina's Birth Matters now and so far so good. Birthing The Easy Way by Sheila Stubbs is my all time fav so much so I spent hundreds getting copies sent from the author in Canada for friends as it's not available in the UK! I might have 1 copy left if you fancied it. I'd need to check when I'm home at the weekend. The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin is excellent too especially if you can get your birth partner/s to read it. It will really help them support you effectively :)

Please can you check if you do have a copy of that book? and if you do can we arrange for you to send it to me? I can't find one...really want to read it now! xxx

I'm home at the weekend so I will check for you. I'm pretty sure I have either 1 or maybe 2 left. :)

^^^ Great!!!thank you!!xxx

If you have and extra, extra copy MervsMum - I could give it a good home! ;) Just ping me a line and let me know how much my debt would be. :thumbup:

I liked the Spiritual Midwifery, but I loved Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. :thumbup:

I have literally got 2 copies left! Just went under my bed and found them so they are yours if youd like one. :)

So gutted that I never got my copy of Birthing The Easy Way back.... I love Guide to Childbirth. Spiritual Midwifery was great but I couldn't get past the seventies hippie talk.... I don't think I stopped giggling all the way through! I'm yet to read Birth Matters.

Birth Matters is disappointing so far....feels like a rehash of her other books and so far smacks of cashing in on a name.....

That's what I'd heard, so I was in no rush to go out and buy it :)

i borrowed this book from the library when i was pregnant, i loved reading it and lookin at the pictures. i remember her saying not to play with baby's feet when they're eating cuz you wouldn't like it, so i made a point not to ! it's a beautiful book, you can really imagine being there cant ya, everything through a yellow filter !

i'm still loving the book!!!it's amazing!!!
I really enjoyed the hypnobirthing book by Marie Mongan, any other suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->