Spiritual Midwifery

ive had a copy out of the library for 9w and cant get past the birthing stories. i do love them but just dont feel like theyre that relevant now. the midwives there were obviously all v supportive, none of the women had to fight to get what they wanted, they were supported through the entire process. makes me sad that we dont get the same support.

You could still up sticks and go to The Farm to give birth!! The stories are definitely relevant. They certainly read like birth stories I have been priveledged to witness and many of our members have had :)

I would recommend Birth Without Fear by Grantly Dick-Reed. Great resource, IMO. I'm currently reading the Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger, but not really enjoying it as much as Spiritual Midwifery.

I have a copy of Spiritual Midwifery and it was mind blowing. I really enjoyed reading it and it definitely helped me along my way of changing what my OH expected from birth! This time last year she was all "home births are too dangerous, what if things go wrong, blah blah" until I read up a LOT and got Mervs Mum on her case too :rofl: Now I know that when we do have another baby she is definitely behind me and will support me in every way she can.

i found a book called "Orgasmic birth" by Elizabeth Davies. has anyone read it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->