Spiritual Retreats

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been on a spiritual retreat?

A friend and I are looking at going to one. She's also been through a bad break-up like I have, and I am feeling the need to take a step back, take stock and find some peace in life.

There is an island off the west coast of Scotland where a community offers spiritual retreats. You go over, and live and work in the community for a week and take part in yoga, meditation, focusing and insight and help you find some inner peace. They grow their own organic food, and have their own livestock and while you're there for the week you pitch in an work alongside them and become part of the community.

If you really love it, you can stay as long as you like but we're just planning to go over for a week. Niamh would be coming with me too.

Anyone done anything like this before?

I've not done anything like this but it sounds great! I would love to do something like this. Keep us updated!

I've done this lots of times in the past, and then lived in a retreat center for many years!
PM me if you like, hun...been thinking of you.

I do recommend it, but be prepared, it isn't easy.

My aunt goes every year without her husband, she loves it! I say give it a try :)

ive never been but have been looking into something like this after having a rough time i hped something like this might help my anixety

if you dont mind me asking where is it your going? pm me if you dont want to put it on here xx

I have done something like this too. It is most definitely good for the soul xx

ive never been but have been looking into something like this after having a rough time i hped something like this might help my anixety

if you dont mind me asking where is it your going? pm me if you dont want to put it on here xx

https://www.erraid.com/

Children are welcome too.

I'd be up for a buddy coming with me :)

ive just looked at the link it looks fab my oh is off to a retreat in cyprus for eid so im going to show him the link to night and speak to him! i used to live in oban i love it there and mull is amazing! x

https://www.erraid.com/

Children are welcome too.

I'd be up for a buddy coming with me :)

that looks wonderful!!!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back