Spiritualist Churches

ElliesMum

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hello All,

I havent been on here for a while, things have been a bit difficult and i have been trying to sort myself out. It was my dd Ellie's 1st birthday on 6th of this month and its been pretty hard to come to terms with. (She was born asleep at 25 weeks). I wanted to ask (anyone who's reading) a question. Have any of you been to a spiritualist church before and if so, what actually happens? I'm going to one tonight which does clairvoyance and wanted to be prepared in advance. My dp is coming although he doesnt believe in all that, he's coming to hold my hand really. Some people have said i'm mad to go to this and will get very upset but i feel i really need to do this. I have Ellie on my mind constantly and have nightmares about her being on her own without her Mummy. I need reassurance that she is ok and feel this is the only place that might help me do that. Anyone any ideas?

I have never been to one, but if you need to do this to help you with the loss of you baby, then it is the right thing for you to do.....It is very nice that your DP is going with you to hold your had. Sounds like he is a good catch.....Hope you get the answers you are looking for..... :hugs: :hugs:

I cant imagine how hard this must be for you, although its not something I personaly believe as Ihave heard a lot of things about fraudulent 'spiritualists' everyone has different beliefs, the same as Imight not agree with the teaching of christianity or islam etc. Its down to the the individual, so if you feel you have faith in this and it would give you comfort than go for it, dont let other peoples views or opionions sway your own feelings. I dont know if your religious in any way but perhaps try to find some sort of reasurance in your faith, or if not perhaps some councelling or therapy might help you.

Wishing you all the best
xx

Thanks to you all for replying. In answer to your post Cat, i'm not in the least bit religious and dont go to church etc. I too have heard some horrible things about medium's and that is the one thing that's putting me off. Dp reckons they sense that you want to hear something and tell you a load of rubbish. He is worried that they will tell me something that will really upset me. I've said we'll go anyway, if we dont like it we dont have to go back again.

All i can really say is good luck for tonight and i hope u get out of it what you want to achieve, it must be a very difficult time.

Best wishes, my thoughts are with you.xxx
:hugs:

ElliesMum, i am a spiritualist, i go to a spirit church.

What will happen is you will get a guest speaker (a medium) talking for a while about what ever she feels is best, could be about eternal life, or it could be about being thankful for what we have etc.

Then at teh end she will do what they call a proof of servival (sorry my spelling is very bad) this is where she will see what "spirits" come through to her and want to talk. There is no garentee you will get chosen, its very random and up to teh speaker and spirit.

If you do get chosen the speaker will ask if its ok to come to you, if you say yes then she will go on to describe who she has with her from spirit and then give you a message from them, its NOT a reading, so please dont go with teh hope of getting one, its just messages from the other side to let you know life is never ending.

Some people do get emotional coz they have people come forward that were very close to there hearts, but i belive it to be a good thing even if you do get upset.

At anytime if you are chosen you feel unconfy, you can ask for the speaker to stop. but she will only stay with you for a max of 5 mins coz she will have a lot of spirits wanting to come thorugh to chat.

Hope you get what your looking for hun.

xx

Good Luck babe! :hugs: x

Im so sorry for your loss.
I hope everything goes ok hun.
Good luck.
:hugs:
x

How did it go hun ? Layla is it like that programme (cant remember the channel) think his name is colin Fry, he has an audience of people who have lost a close family member or friend and the spirits come through and say stuff to the family members, its amazing, I think it would be upsetting but a good thing to do. Elliesmum I really hope this helped you, must be a very difficuly time for you (((hugs)))

yeah it is very silmar to that, just on a smaller scale.

Colin Fry is very good, i love him!

xx

Well i went!

I wasn't lucky enough to get a "message" but there were many people there who did. I found the whole experience amazing and i am so glad i went. It was very exciting when people were realising the messages for them. I will definately go again next week. Thank you all so much (especially Layla) for explaining what you knew. It helped me to go in there knowing a bit about what to expect.

Colin Fry is the person i would love to go and see!

Awww that's great news, i'm really happy for you - glad it helped. xxxx

Your welcome, glad you enjoyed it, good luck for next week.
:)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"