Spoilt.... How to resist and not buy him EVERYTHING??

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Anyone else can't stop buying? :blush:

I know for now it doesn't matter because he couldn't care less about what he has, but when he gets to 2-3 years old and asks me for things, how am I going to say no?

How do you manage? I don't want him to turn into a brat, I don't mind spoiling him, but I don't want him to think he can get everything easily in life.

oh dear !:dohh:

I have the same problem :dohh: I would love to spoil her rotten, but also her not be a rotten brat who expects things, and has no respect :shrug:

Yup, I have a spoilt brat already, she bites if you take her hand off something she wants :shock:

When i go town or out shopping i try not to buy him toys, i have a friend who started this when LO was younger and now everytime shes goes out she has to have a toy!

Also when he gets abit older, don't give in and follow through with things, if you say no mean it, i've been in mcdonalds before with kieran told him to stop messing or we'd leave, don't think he believed me, moment later we walked out, yes he screamed half way down the street and everyone stared but he's gotta learn he's not getting his own way.

Sorry i rambled, but my point is be strict with ertain things ...if you can :lol:

i have the same problem. I have a spoilt boy. He gets everything he wants, and i buy for him when hes not there too. He costs me a fortune, and i suppose doesnt really know the value (not that he should yet) but hes the only one i have, and i dont begrudge him anything.

I have the same problem :dohh: I would love to spoil her rotten, but also her not be a rotten brat who expects things, and has no respect :shrug:

Yeah exactly... I've got a cousin who's 7 and every time she see my grandma she says: where's my gift :shock:

I dont know but i have a spoilt brat ( carly) trust me you want to nip it in the bud ;)

Ugh my 7 year old cousin actually stole money (like 200 dollars) from his mom and put it under his hat and when they went to the mall and he wanted a toy and she said she had no money, he hauled it out and said "yes you do!"

:shock:

:shock: I really don't want Lola to turn out a brat who doesn't value anyone's work and just wants wants wants things.
But I have the same problem as you Jess, how will I be able to say no? *gulp* I want to give her everything in life but thats obviously not good for her.

OH's sister has a 7/8 year old who is so spoiled its like unbelievable. His grandma, on christmas, got him a $700 flat screen TV as his main and almost only gift, and he was PISSED! He kept screaming that he wanted more and was throwing a huge fit. Then his parents bought him a $500 game station, with 20+ games(which are expensive inthemselves) and he still wasn't satisfied. He also got what I would consider a whole new wardrobe worth of clothes (and they dont get anything that isn't an expensive name brand).
As far as clothes, we will probably give Colton an allowance (sp?). For example, he'll get $200 dollars when it starts getting warm, and the same when it starts getting cold. I'll let him pick alot of his clothes (within reason) but he only gets to spend that amount. Like, it's "his" money.
As far as toys, just dont buy for "no reason". Like, if he has been really good, then maybe go get him alittle something. As Colton gets older, I know we will get him the odd thing but if it's something he wants (especially if its expensive) he's going to have to earn it.. aka, mowing the yard, taking out the trash, keeping his room clean.

i no what you mean, i don't want maddi to be a brat and do want her to no the value of things when she's older, but i'm terrible :blush: maddi is completely spoilt and we can't move for toys. her wardrobe is full to burst and she has 6 drawers of clothes as well as our living room and her bedroom full of what i would consider 'big' toys :blush: when someone finds the answer! let me no lol! x

I was the same with my daughter but as she got older it got less mainly because toddlers wreck things and are easily bored! so you would buy her a new toy or top etc and five mins later she would have covered it in something disgusting or abandoned it for something more interesting - you kind of lose the will to buy presents all the time then!

sophie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"