spotting, a wee uncomfy crampy feeling and No baby in sac at 6 wks is there ANY hope

Mercy2

Reaction score
to cut a long story short
I had a teeny bit of brownish spotting on Weds Night and so was sent to the early preg unit for a internal scan.

I was fairly sure I was 6 wks so was expecting to see a wee bean in there.
however.. there was a pregnancy sac and the Doc said she thought she MAY have seen the start of something in there but nothing definate. My Cervis was at the back and closed.
she asked me to come back on New years eve for another scan.

since then I have had the teeniest bit of brown smudgy spotting (but the doc said she did irritate my cervical erosion when she checked my cervix and to expect this)
What is worrying me is the feeling like a very mild pre period cramp that I am getting. I feel like I should just give up hope now, I am trying to stay positive and enjoy christmas but its taking over my thoughts.
There has been no further ACTUAL bleeding, and the cramps are more uncomfortable rather than a definate pain.

What do you wise ladies think? does it sound like I may miscarry? or might there still be hope for us?

lots of love and christmas wishes x
x x

I had brownish and pink spotting when I was 6 weeks pg as well and I also had the kind of cramps you've described, this is how I found out I was pregnant because I felt like I was having my period but wasn't. I had the spotting for 3 days and had an early scan at about 6 weeks and 4 days I think it was, on that scan they could see the baby's heartbeat and there was no apparent reason on the scan for the spotting. It came back about a week later for a couple of days which had me really worried but then it just stopped again.

When I was experiencing this I read that some women do experience some pain because the uterus is expanding. I also know that there have been other members here who didn't see much on a scan at 6 weeks but then a few weeks later baby had 'caught up'.

Unfortunately it's really a case of 'wait and see' as there isn't anything you can do if you are going to miscarry. I know how hard it is to go through this, I was constantly checking my knickers to see of anything had changed and imagining that I was bleeding heavily when I wasn't.

I have a beautiful 10 week old little boy now, so no, this kind of thing doesn't necessarily mean you are going to miscarry.

I hope everything goes well for you :hugs:

thanks hunny! I am feeling better now. The cramping feeling has almost gone and its just s feeling of almost "fullness" if that makes sense.
I have had no more bleeding so i think i will just keep my fingers crossed and enjoy christmas day x
thankyou for your reply hun.
Merry christmas x x

I had bleeding at six weeks too (my scan pic is in my sig) I had pains also and they found twins lol. I havent had any bleeding or anything untoward since and am 34 weeks tomorrow -fingers crossed you get a good result NY Eve my lovely xxxx

I had bleeding at six weeks too (my scan pic is in my sig) I had pains also and they found twins lol. I havent had any bleeding or anything untoward since and am 34 weeks tomorrow -fingers crossed you get a good result NY Eve my lovely xxxx

That is really reasuring x as my scan looked a lot like this, there was a dot slightly smaller than the ones in your pic that she kept losing as she moved the scanner and she didnt really spend long on the scan! maybe I am a few days less preg than I thought! How exciting tho for you haveing twins x

thanks for takin the time to reply! I am gaining hope with each day now x x

I had simliar to you. I went for a scan at around 6 weeks and only the sacs were there. When I went for the follow up scan to see what was going on about 8-10 days later, we saw the baby and heartbeat. I 'spotted' again a couple of weeks after,and again 2 weeks after that. As of now, I have not had any further bleeding(touch wood). My midwife said that although bleeding/spotting is not normal, it is not uncommon.
Fingers crossed all goes well for you, don't lose hope yet!!! I found that out the hard way!!!

I didn't have a scan that early, but I had the same kind of spotting and cramps. You still have a good shot, I'd say.

dont give up hope yet, i had a scan at 6 weeks thers was just a sac and yoc sak no fetal pole or HB xx

Hi Mercy,

I'm in a similiar situation. I was told i am 6 weeks pg but then experienced 3 days of bleeding during christmas week. I've also had the same kinds of cramps you describe. I had an emergency scan on 30/12 but were told that what they were seeing only measured 2mm and looked more like a 4 week foetus. We have to wait until 8/1 to be rescanned to see whether the baby is still growing or stopped at 4 weeks. I'm hoping i'm not as far along as i thought although was pretty sure of my dates.

I hope everything works out for you. It is all i can think about at the moment so know how you feel. :hugs:

hi there, i haven't got any advice i'm afraid but reading your post was like reading my own story! i'm 7 weeks pg and started spotting christmas eve the day after my first scan which we paid for privately because of passed miscarriages and incompetance from the nhs. on the scan we just saw a small circle which was the yolk etc.. think it was about 2 days to early, the same as you. the spotting frightend the life out of us and made us very down over christmas. i think that i have an infection causing inflammation and that's why the scan made me bleed. not much spotting, just a little xmas eve, boxing day and again new year's eve.

we have another private scan booked for 13th jan but i don't know how i will wait that long! i'm still feeling quite sick, sore boobs, very tired, constipated badly, but wish could have blood tests and another scan asap for more reassurance!

anyway hope that we are all very lucky and get what we deserve in 2010!
r
x

Hi guys, thanks for all your wonderful replies, and goog luck to anyone going through similar worries x
My second scan showed My bean with a strong Heartbeat, and looks like everything is just fine, we're calling baby "Rice" for now,lol, cos thats what s/he looked like on the screen, a little grain of rice x

Love and hugs to everyone x

So glad to hear all is going well! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->