Spotting after natural mc?

k8ding

Reaction score
Hi! You ladies must get this question all the time, but I am freaking out and I could use a little help.

I started a MC at 9 wks preg on 1/12, a little over 2 weeks ago. I had ALL the heavy bleeding, passing of tissue, clots, everything. The bleeding tapered off over the following week, to the point where I thought no bleeding was happening anymore. My body feels completely back to normal - appetite, sleep, boobs don't hurt, energy level... so, I don't feel pregnant.

However, and this might be TMI, I still have some brown mucousy spotting whenever I have a BM. (See? TMI. Sorry.) Now I'm reading all over the web that the spotting means your body still thinks it's preg, and that unless you have no bleeding at all, you aren't done. What's more, they talk about needing a D&C if that's the case! :nope:

No infection - guaranteed - I got a UTI this week (fun, right?) and I'm on 10 days of Cipro. Also, no signs of infection whatsoever. No sex, either, so there's nothing but me in my body, if ya know what I mean...

I'm going to get a blood test done at the doc's next week... but is it a guarantee that if you're still spotting, only a little, at 2.5 weeks you're going to need a D&C or some other invasive thing? What did women do before D&C's - did they just never get preg again??

Ugh, I just want to be finished with this and get a normal period! The waiting is a major part of the distress!!

Hi hun,

I am sorry that you are having this stress at this tough time. I have just miscarried today after 8 weeks of waiting for it to happen. Scan confirmed failed pregnancy at beginning of Dec and today is the first time that I have passed any large tissue.

I bled for 10 days or so and then it almost stopped like you say, but then it all happened and am obviously now bleeding quite heavily. At my EPU they told me that once it happens I may bleed for a couple of weeks afterwards, and not to worry. From what you said, the brown of the blood suggests that it is old blood and so maybe your body is just having a final clear? If it is only when you have a BM then maybe that is something to do with the straining of your body and so it is naturally pushing the last bits out. I have also read on here that some women had something similar just before their AF came along, so I guess you never know it may be the start of your body getting back to its norm.
Are you booked in to have a scan following the passing of tissue etc? I contacted the EPU when mine happened and they have booked me in for 2 weeks time just to check that it has all passed.
I completely agree that the waiting is awful, but you have stayed strong for this long and I am sure that you will continue to be so. Sorry i don't think I will have helped much but hope I may have offered some possibilities, and I so hope that it is one of the above and not what you are fearing.

Take care and good luck xxx

first of all, i am so sorry for your loss.

i bled for over a week, then it was dry, then i had brown discharge for i think 5-6 days? i don't remember. during that time, they kept testing my hcg, and it was just sssllloooowwwllyyyyyy dropping as my body passed the remaining blood.

i know what you mean about just wanting it all to be finished - i felt the exact same way. hang in there.

Sorry for your loss.

My HCG was down to 0 on the 19th, which is when I started bleeding heavily and was told I'd miscarried for sure. Had a U/S (both external and trans-vaginal) and they only saw thickened lining left, which was expected for a period. Stopped bleeding several days ago, but I'm still getting occasional brown spotting, too. (OH and I have been :sex: though) I did a HPT yesterday morning just to see, and it came up negative. I've also lost all the pregnancy symptoms I had, so I don't think anything's left in there that would throw things off.

Personally, I'm not going to worry unless I start bleeding more, or having pain. I figure everything's probably a little bit tender in there, and it makes sense to me that vigorous activity or straining could cause a little spotting, or shake loose a little old blood. I've also started tracking my basal body temp, just to see when my body gets back on track and I start to ovulate again. If I don't get a temperature spike in a reasonable amount of time, I'll check in with my doctor, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->