Spotting after ovulation, any insight?

sweetbliss89

Reaction score
We have been TTC since November 2013, but only December, March, and April have been possibly successful months due to DH being in the military and having to go away often. However, in March and this cycle in April, everything has been timed perfectly, but both those months I started spotting 3 days after ovulating. In March I spotted every day for 8 days straight. I went to the doctor and they did a full pap and everything came back normal. I was also being seen for cysts on my ovaries and an ultrasound showed that they were all clear. I'm just having a hard time understanding what could possibly be going on with my body.

I only spot after a bowel movement. Anything I see after that looks like residual spotting from earlier. I also bled a bit last month during the pap. The doctor told me that as soon as she touched my cervix it bled. And I am 100% positive it is vaginal bleeding. It just worries me that maybe something is wrong because it has only happened the months where we knew everything was timed perfect. Has anyone ever had anything similar to this or any insight? Can my cervix be too sensitive, if so would that affect me being able to conceive? Just really worried.

I have the same thing. I start spotting at ovulation and it carries on until AF. It gets worse if I have a bm. I have been diagnosed with a cervical abrasion, also known as a cervical erosion or a cervical etropcian (sp).

All it means is there are some cells on the outside of the cervix that are normally found inside. They bleed really easily and can be affected by hormone changes such as ovulation. It won't stop you getting pregnant, I did although it sadly ended in mc. It also won't affect any pregnancy, although you're likely to have some bleeding which is annoying and a bit scary.

I have the same thing. I start spotting at ovulation and it carries on until AF. It gets worse if I have a bm. I have been diagnosed with a cervical abrasion, also known as a cervical erosion or a cervical etropcian (sp).

All it means is there are some cells on the outside of the cervix that are normally found inside. They bleed really easily and can be affected by hormone changes such as ovulation. It won't stop you getting pregnant, I did although it sadly ended in mc. It also won't affect any pregnancy, although you're likely to have some bleeding which is annoying and a bit scary.

Did your DR find the abrasion during a pap or is that just the explanation for the spotting that they gave you? Wondering if that may be what this is but she didn't tell me I had anything like that last month when she did the pap. Thanks for replying!

It was while she was doing a smear to see if they can find a cause she noticed it then. Maybe your dr didn't notice it or maybe it is something else but it seems awfully similar.

Yeah, it really does! I googled it too after you told me what it was and all of it seems to really fit. I am going to ask the doctor about it at my next appointment but that isn't until June so I'm going to try to be patient :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->