Spotting.... Again :(

k4th

Reaction score
I had some spotting at 5 weeks 3 days. Had a scan & all looked ok.

Had a scan this Monday & everything looked good - lovely little heartbeat going strong.

Tuesday I started coming down with cold/flu symptoms & yesterday was the worst day. I was congested, had a temperature and just wanted to sleep all day.

Woke up this morning with spotting again. :(

I feel much better but the spotting is really making me worry. It was mostly pink with a few specks of red. Not as bright as my last spotting, but has lasted several hours.

I know that only time will tell, but I'm so anxious & wanted to vent somewhere :cry:

Try stay possitive! I know how worrying it can be as I bled on and off throughout the majority of my last pregnancy but my baby boy was absolutely fine :) I would say as long as there is no severe pain it wouldn't think it was anything to worry about! :hugs:

Could it be correlated with when your periods are due by any chance? Just because I think I had spotting when my period was due. Hope everything goes well it is nerve wracking xx

Aw, I completely understand your worries.
I had spotting a week ago. I had blood work and my beta doubled so they didn't worry.
Yesterday I had pink spotting again. Have an early ultrasound on Tuesday.
Everything I've read so far said that spotting is usually normal in first trimester. The only time to be worried is if you're bleeding enough to fill a pad and have painful cramps along with.
Hopefully since neither of us have those symptoms, all is ok in there.
I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks for your replies :)

Sarah - no there's no pain. I'm trying to relax and put my feet up. Thanks for telling me about your pregnancy with your little boy. I know this can happen so I need to hold on to the hope that gives me.

Mummytobe - I had really irregular periods & pcos. I got my bfp after taking clomid so maybe that has given me stronger hormones even into pregnancy???

Last time I had a scan they couldn't find where the bleeding was coming from. I just wish I knew what was going on.

Love4you - sorry to hear you're going through this too. It's such a worry!! Hope we both get through this with nothing worse than a few sleepless nights :hugs:

Thinking of you too!! :flower:

Spotting can be so scarey, always puts me on edge, hopefully everything's ok.
If it helps, out of all my pregnancies, the two with red spotting (ds1) and heavy bleeding (ds2) are the two that made it! I've had bleeding with this one too xx

Thanks dan-o. That really does help!! I remember you had some really scary bleeding just a few days ago didn't you? Glad all is well for you now :flower:

Yep last Thursday, literally poured out every time I moved. I filled 3 maternity pads in an hour! Then a dark red trickle for 24 hours. Have had a little red spotting since. Baby still looked fine, wiggling on Wednesdays scan. I had exactly the same with ds2 at 12-14w. Xx

Good luck, k4th. I don't have any success stories, but wanted to let you know I've had spotting too since yesterday (I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow). I also have PCOS and got pregnant from Clomid. I have my first scan on Wed., so hoping all is ok! I've also read and been told that as long as it's light, not red and there aren't cramps/pain, it's quite normal and ok. Hang in there! :hugs:

Fezzle - congrats on your clomid success. Maybe the clomid has something to do with spotting? Have you had any scans yet? Hope your spotting stops soon hun & we both (& everyone on this thread) goes on to have a beautiful healthy baby.

No, nothing yet- 5 more days to wait until my 1st scan! Good luck to you (and everyone else too)!

I had spotting, too. The first was 10dpo, I actually thought I was getting my period, and later that day I got a pos pregnancy test. I was even on progesterone supps (still am). When I was in the middle of my 9th week, I started spotting again, had some light bleeding when I wiped and I was so scared. I called up my OB's emergency line at 6am and he told me to come in the office when he opened later that morning. When I did a sono the baby looked OK but he couldn't explain the bleeding. I am thinking its because of cervix irritation.

Lusterleaf - thanks. The same thought had crossed my mind about cervical irritation. But because I felt so ill yesterday I didn't lift a finger. I literally lay on the sofa all day. Out of curiosity - can you think of anything you did before your spotting that may have caused irritation? :flower:

No problem. I am on progesterone supps so the only thing I can think of is irritation because of that or because I am over exerting myself. I am also chasing after my 2 year old and lifting him a lot which doesn't help so I am glad that you are resting!

No problem. I am on progesterone supps so the only thing I can think of is irritation because of that or because I am over exerting myself. I am also chasing after my 2 year old and lifting him a lot which doesn't help so I am glad that you are resting!

Apart from yesterday I'm chasing my 3 year old around so maybe that doesn't help :-/

With my first three children, I never had any spotting. With youngest ds and this pregnancy, I had spotting. I had a sonogram and everything looked great. They thought they might have seen a fibroid in the ER, but it turned out not to be one. Probably just cervical irritation. I hadn't really done anything, though... I had gone shopping the previous day, so not really sure. Anyway, it stopped and baby is fine.

This also happened to my sister and SIL. Both babies were fine.

Spotting seems to have stopped today. I'm hoping that's the end of it this pregnancy! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for all your support ladies :flower:

K4th- that's great news! I hope it's done for you!

It wasn't good news for me- the spotting turned into red bleeding last night and continued like a medium AF day. I had a scan this morning and no sac. We're really sad but hopeful for a future Clomid cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->