Spotting and no symptoms

mjemma

Reaction score
I've been lightly spotting for about a week now. It's a mix of brown and red and usually only when I wipe. I went to the doctors at the weekend as I thought it might be a UTI. He said he doesn't think it is, gave me the whole threatened abortion speech and said to go to my GP in the week if it was still going.

So my plan was to try and get a scan yesterday but now my son has chicken pox so I can't leave him and can't take him to a scan.

I also have no symptoms apart from sore boobs. I would have been happy about this but combined with the spotting is just making me paranoid. I know there is nothing I can do about any of this but just wanted to rant really!

It seems too early to say for sure what's going on. I know there are many normal things in pregnancy that can cause spotting though. Hopefully you'll get a scan soon. Sorry about your LO with chicken pox! :hugs:

My doctor told me yesterday that some spotting is quite normal (I had spotting with previous pregnancy and baby was fine). Doctor said that it is often caused by little sections of the placenta lifting up and tiny pieces coming away. Is there anyone you can get to look after your little one so you can go and get a scan for peace of mind? I haven't had any spotting yet this pregnancy but last time it was around 6-7 weeks and I'm 6-7 weeks now.

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Also, I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter and with that I didn't have any spotting but had cramps that got increasingly painful (not that that means all that much, as had cramps last pregnancy too) and the miscarriage, when it happened, was very sudden - a sudden very bad cramp and I felt the blood gushing out. Sorry for TMI. I think a little bit of spotting is horrible and scary but it isn't always evidence of something awful.

Honestly spotting can mean nothing, but then it could also signal a problem. Really the only way to know for sure is to either have a scan or to have repeat bloods drawn to see if something is going on with your hcg/progesterone levels.

Is there any way you could have someone watch your LO while you go to the doctors to get some testing done? Wishing you nothing but the best! :flower:

Thanks ladies. He is too poorly and clingy at the moment to leave as I don't have any family locally - he only slept for half an hour at a time last night! But DH is off work tomorrow so I will try to go then just to know what is going on.

**UPDATE**
Unfortunately a scan this morning showed baby was only measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat. I've got to wait for a miscarriage now or go back in a week for medical management. I knew it was heading this way but very sad and scared to start the process. Good luck and H&H 9 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->