Spotting from 2dpo - 9dpo - possible explanations? (TMI)

marmoset

Reaction score
Hi everyone! First post here but have been reading for a few weeks, this seems like such a wonderful and supportive community!

Hope someone might have some advice.

I am in my first cycle TTC #1 (so brand new!). I normally have a 28-day cycle like clockwork and have never had breakthrough bleeding or anything. Have been off hormonal BC for over a year.

So here's the approximate timeline (not temping but judging o date by EWCM) - TMI for detailed description of spotting/CM.

O day - BD
1 dpo - nothing
2 dpo - brown-tinged CM
3 dpo - brown-tinged CM
4 dpo - brown-tinged CM
5 dpo - STILL brown-tinged CM, I'm like what is going on?

At this point I started thinking BD activities must have irritated/slightly injured something and that's why I'm getting a bit of old blood mixed in with CM. But then it changed:

6 dpo - (TMI) peeing first thing in the AM, wiped and startled to find reddish blood on TP with a couple of what look like tiny clots in the toilet. Pretty much like day 1 of a period but it's way too early. Have the same thing again in the afternoon.
7 dpo - still having dark reddish discharge like first day of a period

So now I started thinking okay... earlier it could have been irritation from intercourse and then maybe it changed to IB on day 6??

8dpo - STILL looks like day 1 of a period
9dpo (today) - same thing!! again!!

So I don't know what to think about this. Could it be irritation from 2-5dpo, and then IB from 6-9dpo? Can IB last that long? Things definitely changed around 6dpo. Could I just be having the weirdest, earliest, slowest AF ever?

I dunno, nothing like this has ever happened before - has anyone had similar experience?

Should I be worried that all in all I've been lightly bleeding for like... 8 days now? (Though I really noticed a shift on 6dpo so it feels more like 4 days of one thing and 4 of another, but... urgh?)

:shrug:

Advice? Thank you in advance!!

Update:

10dpo - still light bleeding, seems a bit heavier than the past few days. Changing an ultra thin liner every 4 - 6 hrs.
11dpo - similar to yesterday. Going through a liner every few hours but that's it. BFN this morning on an FRER.

Theories? I don't know what to think. Any insight is more than welcome!

Will update again tomorrow or the next day in case anyone's lurking. :)

Just gonna think out loud for a bit here, trying to process what might be going on.

- Maybe all the bleeding is actually from an injury during BD, that would explain why it started right afterward. But then: why no pain, either during or since, and why would it get heavier over time instead of lighter?

- Maybe all the wedding stress and traveling and stuff threw my cycle way, way, way off. Like almost two weeks early if you count from very first tinge of blood... And 10 days long at this point. That seems VERY off though, when I am normally textbook regular, and I thought stress usually delayed your period, not the other way around? Hm.

- Maybe I was pregnant for like 2 seconds? I'm not 100% familiar with how a chemical works, but if that had happened shouldn't I have seen something on the FRER this morning?

- Speaking of which, theoretically 11dpo could show a BFN even if pregnant, if implantation was late, right? But if all this bleeding is implantation related... That would mean I should have seen a BFP by now, it's been long enough.

- Maybe in delusional-hopeful land, I am somehow still in the running because... Uh... I don't know. Slow hcg rise? Later implantation and the bleeding is something else?

- Maybe we just missed the egg and the bleeding is some random AF singularity. I am going to start temping (just bought the thermometer today) since now I have no idea what my cycle is doing. Urgh.

- Maybe... Hmmm... Not coming up with anything. Maybe I just need to wait and see? Ugh waiting and seeing is the worst.

I'm definitely out because of the BFN today, right? If this was all implantation bleeding, there should have been time for the hormones to build up by now...?

Ugh. I don't know. Harrumph.

Hmmmmm. I would make an appointment for an ultrasound. Sounds like a possible polyp. That would definitely explain bleeding.

I would continue to check for a BFP because you never know.

Are you experiencing your normal PMS symptoms? What are they?

Thanks for the advice! I'll consider the possibility of a polyp.

I'm lucky to have mild PMS symptoms, really just irritability for a few days. So it's hard to say.

I am bleeding more today - like a light-medium period day and I need my diva cup. I guess I'll see if it keeps developing like a regular AF (and, um, eventually stops...??)

Once I stop bleeding I'll start temping and hopefully get a better sense of what's up with my cycle.

Here's to another try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->