Spotting...help!

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
Hi all....as the title says i'm worried about spotting.

My first AF since losing Frazer started on 19th April. There was 4 days of really heavy bleeding and then it tapered to nothing on the 5th day. I did have an infection in my womb before my Af which was causing me to spot but a swab and a scan confirmed that it was all gone on 20th April. We bd'd on 24th and the day after I had some light spotting. Since then i have had cramps and spotting on and off - though the spotting is never so heavy that I have to use something. Just a little brown discharge when I wipe maybe once or twice a day. I started using OPK's on the 24th where I had an almost positive looking line which I thought was a bit strange, but since then i've had no line at all.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the spotting and also whether it would still be possible for me to get pregnant this cycle (when I actually Ov) if I am spotting???

Any answers would be appreciated :) thanks x

...anyone???

Hi Clo, I don't know what is happening, but I do know that you can spot in your cycle and still get pregnant. I have mid-cycle spotting almost every cycle and have been pregnant twice. Sometimes it can be a sign of ovulation itself due to a change in estrogen or the egg bursting out of the follicle. Other times it can be a hormonal imbalance that causes the spotting. Also, since this is the first AF after your mc, maybe it is just your hormones trying to regulate.

So sorry about your loss. I hope you get this all sorted out.

Hi Clo

I'm not really sure, i didnt want to not post. Im so sorry about Frazer

From what you say, is this right?

1 - 19 April, heavy
2 - heavy
3 - heavy
4 - heavy
5 - nothing
6 - BD - light spotting - dark opk
12 - today

I dunno about the + opk on the 24th, but you should get the + for ovulation tomorrow / Sunday, i would wait until then and see what happens. I think the spotting after BD might just be the end of your period, i had my first af this month and i bled for 3 days, then had brown cm on and off until day 7 - it sounds like mine and i had a faint + opk on day 5 and neg since. Dont worry, just look out for your + over the next few days. If you should be worried, then i think i should be too, but for some reason im not.

see how it is and report back after opking

Hi Clo, just read your post...I had spotting last week and then a really heavy period this week. My doctor says this is just to be expected and it takes 2 to 3 cycles before your menstrual pattern goes back to normal. If you have ovulated then its definitely possible for you to be pregnant but if the tests are negative, I think its more likely that your body is still adjusting after your loss.
Take care, Zoe xx

Heart tree - Thank you, you have reassured me that this is probably nothing to worry about. :)

NatoPMT - I think you are right. I have a line on my OPK today - not possitive yet but looks like it's going that way. :) Hope it works out for you too!

Zoe- thank you :)

I'm sorry for your losses too ladies - Good luck to all of you - hope you get your BFP's soon x x x

i've had spotting for 5 months now it's just down to hormones and how long it takes your body to return to normal, doc says it's nothing to worry about and won't effect fetility, hope this helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->