• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spotting is this normal?

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
I have spotted throughout this pregnancy maybe around 7-8 times all seperate times weeks apart which resulted in early scans. Nothing is showing in my scans apart from an 8cm ovarian cyst... could this be causing the spotting? It started off very light pink only when I wipe and has only lasted an hour if that each time then went back to normal clearish discharge. I have been to the doctors and they say it’s nothing to worry about unless it’s bright red with cramping but I can’t help but worry! I feel like I can’t enjoy this pregnancy wondering when the next time I am going to get it. I went 4 weeks without spotting and my anxiety had started to ease thinking it was gone but woke up yesterday morning to now brown discharge on a pad and when wiping. I booked a doctors appointment yesterday and the found I had a bad urine infection which I’m on antibiotics for... could this cause this brown discharge? I’m 15 weeks and thought by now surely this should have settled. Can anyone give any advice.... I wish it would stop... I’m fed up with this!!

Sorry you are going through this.

I can relate to spotting this far along but I have spotted 1x and with cramping at 18wks. I'm cramping now but my scan this passed Wed showed cervix was long so it could be just the body being the body. No reason for cramping.....

Stay positive and encouraged!

It can be normal. Have you had recent intercourse? Your cervix may be sensitive. Maybe call over to your provider and let them know, see if they have any concerns. At least then they are aware.

Sorry you are going through this.

I can relate to spotting this far along but I have spotted 1x and with cramping at 18wks. I'm cramping now but my scan this passed Wed showed cervix was long so it could be just the body being the body. No reason for cramping.....

Stay positive and encouraged!

It’s horrible! Just when I think it’s stopped it starts back up then goes away again. Sorry your going through it too it’s not nice!

It can be normal. Have you had recent intercourse? Your cervix may be sensitive. Maybe call over to your provider and let them know, see if they have any concerns. At least then they are aware.

Nope last time I had intercourse at 10 weeks I had pink/ brown discharge afterwards and it scared me so much that I now have a ban in place. OH not happy but tough luck! I spoke to my midwife who was pretty useless! So I got an appointment with the doctor the same day I had the spotting and the doctor wasn’t concerned at all. Just annoying no one seems to know why it’s happening. I just wondered if the ovarian cyst or the urine infection could be causing the spotting? It seems more than coincidence the spotting has come on again whilst I have a bad urine infection. Like I say last episode of spotting was before my 12 week scan 4 weeks ago... could that have been down to the cyst? as my scan report showed it has slightly decreased in size.

I don't know if it could make it's way from a cyst on you ovary at this point, but I'm not totally sure. That would have had to been something you should ask them. If you have a urine infection I would probably associate it with that since it can cause irritation and bleeding. Try not to worry. Just keep an eye on it and if other signs start to pop up get checked. Even if they don't find anything, at least that means there is no danger to baby.

I’ve had two bleeds this pregnancy, so scary so I can imagine how you must feel.
All my scans were clear, they couldn’t find a source. However, they eventually did an internal and found a cervical polyp which was bleeding so thinking that was the source for me. So far, since having it removed I’ve been ok.
Have you had an internal?

I’ve had two bleeds this pregnancy, so scary so I can imagine how you must feel.
All my scans were clear, they couldn’t find a source. However, they eventually did an internal and found a cervical polyp which was bleeding so thinking that was the source for me. So far, since having it removed I’ve been ok.
Have you had an internal?

It’s terrifying isn’t it! Sorry you have been through the same. I had an internal scan at 6 weeks which caused some bleeding (not much) afterwards. I was told there was no pockets of blood or that and no known reason for the spotting. It was during that scan they discovered a 8cm cyst on my right ovary. I asked if that may be causing the spotting but they weren’t too sure and didn’t give me an answer. At my last midwife appointment she said it had shrunk a little not by much though I do wonder if that may be the cause to the spotting? I’m glad since having it removed you have had no more bleeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->