spotting question - pls read if you've had this

jacs

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi, I am 5wks today and have been spotting since Friday. On Friday there was a small amount of brownish red fluid that was quite see through and sticky.
The total amount over that afternoon wouldn't have filled one pad.
Yesterday and today I'm seeing lightly tinged little bits of discharge, not every time I go to the toilet, just now and then.
I haven't had any pains.
I still get a positive on tests, although I know that can still happen after a loss or with an ectopic.
My EPU won't see me until 6wks so this is an agonising wait.
I think my real fear is an ectopic or miscarriage, and I just wondered if anyone has had similar symptoms, and what the outcome was?
Thank you xx

I had spotting two weeks a ago at 5 weeks.. I panicked as I always do and rang the doctor who sent me for a scan. Everything was fine! I had sharp pains too along my right side.

Apparently it's normal to spot a little!

Big hugs and don't worry about it.

If you bleed loads or get pains give your doctor a call x

I've had quite a bit of spotting since 5 weeks. Had a scan on Thursday and saw bubbles with a hb. Not too sure which way it will go for me unfortunately.
Try and get an epu appt for the day you turn 6 weeks. Fx for you xx

I had spotting for four weeks straight 4 weeks to 8 weeks 3 day, when i was 8 weeks 3 days my mam passed away and my spotting stopped that very day she took my spotting away, i could sound crazy but it is very freaky the way i had it for four weeks straight and then all of a sudden i lost her and it just stopped, anyways ive seen my baby twice and hear his/heartbeat on the doppler whenever i need to be reassured which is every 2 days x

I had spotting a tiny amount both red and brown. I went for an early scan and saw my baby with a heart beat. I was told it was implantation bleeding. I haven't had anymore since.....FX I dont have anymore.

Good luck with your scan xxx

Spotting around 5 or 6 weeks is completely normal. Its from implantation. I wouldn't worry about it. I would only get worried if you have bright red bleeding and/or cramping. I am 9 weeks 3 days and have spotted off an on the entire pregnancy so far. I did have bright red bleeding around 6.5 weeks and went to the hospital. I was sure there was something wrong but it just turned out to be a subchronic hematoma. Basically like a clot or something like that that happened during implantation. It scared me to death but baby is fine and there is nothing to worry about. So just so you know even if you do get bleeding it doesnt necessarily mean the worst. Hope this helps.

Hi ladies, I was reading your replies with my eyes half shut in case it was all bad news!
Thank you for sharing, I really do feel calmer. Still going to be nerve-wracking, but at least it's not automatically game over. Thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->