Spotting - RhNg - Scan

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi

I had a little bit of spotting this morning so I rang my midwife to be on the safe side. They have arranged an appointment for first thing tomorrow at the hospital. They said have a half empty bladder. Does this mean I will be getting a scan and if so would it be internal or external? I will be 9 weeks on Tuesday, I was surprised not sure if it's routine or because I'm RHNg I'm going in. Also I had a bit of a hormonal outburst not long before. Could that of caused it, really weird?
Thanks

They will likely do a scan. With my daughter I had heavy bleeding at 10 weeks and had an appointment at the EPU to check. They don't necessarily need to do an internal scan. I had both but only because they thought maybe the bleeding could have been caused by something with my ovaries (because everything else looked fine). They asked if I wanted them to check and I said I did so they did an internal. But they could see everything else just fine via the initial external scan. I could have declined the internal if I'd wanted to. Hope it's positive news for you. Likely it will be. Like I said I had really heavy bleeding but all was fine and they couldn't explain where it came from. But thankfully it never happened again.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they could see externally at 9 weeks. Im not sure what to make of it. Just a few tiny spots this morning then nothing so far. So I was a bit surprised they wanted me in. Im so grateful, trying not to panic. I had a really bad wobbly this morning where I went from angry to tears in an hour. Not like me at all then went to the toilet and had that. I had a sharp pain last night which took my breath away but went as soon as it came. Then today I had that extreme hormonal wobbly, feel weird and keep feeling like I've got a bubbles flying round my lower tummy.I had a one of light spotting with DD at 20 wks no scan was offered. Pray it's ok x

In the U.K. (At my hospital anyway), they tend to do abdominal scans only after 7 weeks unless they really can't see anything. I've had one at 7w1d and 9w3d abdominally and saw everything. They only did a transvaginal when I was 5w2d (and they tried abdominal first). I'd agree that I'd expect them to scan you after having bleeding, even a small amount. Good luck, hope everything's ok :hugs:

Good luck today I had an abdominal scan with my first pregnancy at 9 weeks at the EPU

Thank you all. All is ok, big relief had an abdominal scan. She said it's quite common as your cervix is so sensitive especially if you have been retching with ms. She even has faxed a letter to my Dr to prescribe some anti nausea meds which if you red my other post about my rubbish dr that's such a relief also that I've been listened too. NHS are amazing feel so lucky. They were so good. Can't believe how quick they got me in and had a scan. So lovely to see peanut and how much the baby has grown and we are back on track with my original dates. X

Glad all was okay

As you are RH Neg did they give you a shot of Anti D due to the bleed?

Hi

No she said it was only after 12 weeks they give you the anti D injection x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->