Spotting - scared!

Missy

Reaction score
I am 11+4 and when I went to the loo before leaving work an hour or so ago there was red/pink blood when I wiped. Nothing in my panties just on the paper. It was about the amount of the very start of a light period. I'm bloody terrified. My morning sickness has been easing off a lot over the last couple of weeks and I just thought it was because I was at that stage but now I'm worried that there's something really wrong. Has anyone had similar and what happened???

Ive had plenty of spotting and bleeding. In my case it's a subchorionic hematoma. Baby is safe and fine, not in danger from it. Sure is scary though. Many women have spotting for various reasons and their babies are just fine. If you search spotting on this forum you will find hundreds of threads, most with good outcomes. Wishing you the best!

I had this at exactly 11+4 last week. It was all pink though, and days before that I had a little bit of dark brown in my cm. I had an ultrasound on 11+4, and the baby was bouncing around with a heartbeat of 162 and I was put ahead two days.

The only thing I've read about this is that our uteruses are really growing as the baby doubles in size in the next couple of weeks, and your uterus lifts up and out of your pelvis. I think with all that movement, we're bound to have some cramps and even some drops of blood. Always speak to your healthcare provider, but in my case, this is what has most likely happened.

The brown stuff lasted on and off for almost two weeks, and the pink only lasted one wipe in the morning. I haven't seen the pink stuff again, and the brown stuff has been gone for days.

Also, my symptoms have really faded over the last few weeks. Don't worry about that either - it's bound to happen at some point. My doctor told me that just like when you're not pregnant, you have good days and bad days. My symptoms will disappear for a few days, then all of a sudden, they come right back!

I am spotting at the moment... light and brown... am absolutely petrified as this is my sixth baby and i have lost all of the others...

I'm waiting to see the out of hours gp at the hosp. Hope all is ok for you Padbrat x

I couldn't get into hospital today.... will try tomorrow... no change for me... how about you?

Still waiting. A bit more orangey pinky on wiping about half hour ago. Could be in for a long wait here tonight. Hope they'll scan me.

I'm in the same boat, only 6+2. Just noticed it when I went to the bathroom an hour ago, light pink. Debating on heading to the doc tonight, just to be sure. Saying my prayers for you Missy!!

I spotted at around 11 weeks for several hours and was terrified- I got checked out and everything was fine and they couldnt figure out why I was spotting/light bleeding. I'm 15 weeks now and doing ok so I wish you the best as well.

Missy, big hugs to you. I've been in the same situation as you are in (a&e for spotting at 11.5 weeks) and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. I hope they scan you very soon xxx

Padbrat, I'm thinking team pink vibes in your direction :kiss:

Well they didn't scan me at the hospital. Doctor examined me and said basically that spotting can be common and nothing to worry about but also that it is regarded as a threatened miscarriage so I'm still none the wiser really. She examined me and said she could see no active bleeding but a bit of old blood. No sign of infection or anything. She couldn't get a good look at the cervix because I was too tense. She told me to ring the early pregnancy unit this morning and ask them to fit me in for a scan. I tried and they said nexy Friday was the earliest!!! Anyway I've been all round the houses from ante natal (who won't bring my dating scan forward because I'm under 12 weeks) to midwife to GP and there isn't a cat's chance in hell of me getting a scan before my scheduled one on Wednesday. The positive side is that neither my lovely GP nor the lovely midwife seemed at all worried because the bleeding has stopped and there is no pain. Of course I am still worried though so I have booked a private scan for tomorrow morning and I will just do nothing but rest and eat and half hourly toilet check until then I guess. Any more encouraging stories would be more than welcome in the meantime :) How are you padbrat?? Trichick??

I spotted on and off (pink mostly, but a little bright red mixed in sometimes) throughout my whole first trimester. It was nervewracking! But all is completely fine, they never even found a reason for the bleeding on U/S. I am now well into my second tri!
I can't believe they are making you wait for a scan...for your own peace of mind...or at least a hb check! Geesh.

i spotted loads with my son and he was fine, glad you have a scan tomorrow though, i tried to get an private scan here and you were still talking a week! stupid! anyway, let us know how it goes. xxx

am also in the same boat like you,am 8 wks started spotting brown now its turned into red with clots went to the dr told its normal and not worry myself but am so worried,i dont want to lose my

It IS normal for your symptoms to die off at this stage. This is when your hcg levels have peaked and evened out, and the placenta has fully taken over progesterone production, and baby has all of its physical features, so your body has a lot less to do except grow a baby.

Also, if you had sex or strained to go to the bathroom or did anything that could've irritated your cervix, that's a likely cause for this spotting. You've got a pretty big baby in there at this point, though. Spotting can be a source of concern for a very early pregnancy, but not so much at this point.

Thinking of you and wish for the best of outcomes for you! xoxo

Can't believe they didn't get you in for a scan, it only takes a few minutes and would have put your mind at rest, glad you have got one tomorrow though. Spotting is very very common, I wouldn't worry too much as long as you don't have any severe cramps.

Thanks for all your replies. I had a little more spotting today when I went to the loo. Only a little bit and no cramps as such but a little bit of stitch-like pain. I'm just spending the day sitting around waiting for tomorrow and trying not to search for other negative symptoms. You guys are a very helpful distraction though xxx

well... my spottingg stopped Sat...

So update from the rest of you lovely ladies??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->