Spotting throughout pregnancy

k4th

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post in - I'm just feeling worried and hoping others in later stages can shed some light.

I've had spotting on & off throughout this pregnancy. At 5 weeks it was put down to an implantation bleed. At 8 weeks it was put down to breakthrough bleeding. Now at 10 weeks I've had pink spotting for three days and I've been asked to go in for a scan and internal exam tomorrow.

On previous scans baby has looked good & no bleeding has been detected around baby or in uterus. I know that's a good thing - but I want to know what's causing this bleeding.

Has anyone had ongoing or stop/start spotting & found out the cause? Just wondering what can cause spotting & what to expect tomorrow. Feeling very nervous about the scan.

Thanks. Any experiences or support would be really appreciated right now

Hi not sure if this an answer you might find helpful but with dd I had bleeding from week 13 to week 17. I had a septum and apparently the 'non pregnant' side was shedding it's lining. So the bleeding would make sense! Now I m pg and doing have the septum anymore...I had a sch at 9 weeks (no bleeding but that was just lucky, it could have bled out) and then a big bleed at 13w1d which lasted for about a week. That was from a small sac abruption (where sac detaches from uterine wall-not the placenta). I m not sure you will find the answer you re looking for, many women bleed for no apparent reason with healthy pregnancies, just stay as positive as possible. For me having a fetal Doppler keeps my sanity as checking her hb calms me down through the madness but some people freak out even more so it depends! Good luck n pm me if you need to talk

Thank you so much! It does help to read other people's experiences. It seems like there are so many different reasons for bleeding. I'm trying to relax. I do think I'm one of those people that might get obsessive with a Doppler though :blush:

Totally get that...I started looking for a hb at 7 weeks...totally freaked myself out! Everything will be ok, I know easier said than done, but try to relax n remind yourself you re almost out of 1st tri!

I had a weird orange discharge and a couple of bouts of pink cm so doc put me on progesterone sups right after seeing the heart at 6w4d. Also told me to take it easy and that she wants to see me at 8w to check up on me. I never needed progesterone during first pregnancy but I guess every pregnancy is different! Hope this helps... xxx

The day after I found out I was pregnant (5 weeks) I had bright red bleeding, went to the er and couldn't figure it out. Then at 9 weeks and 13 weeks same thing with lots of spotting in between, at 9 weeks my Dr found a cervical polyp. I had another big bleed with clots and all at 17 weeks and all was well. I'm currently 23 weeks and worry every time I go to the bathroom but even if I bleed again I will know what it's from (still stressful though)

Really need a bit of advice.basicalls according to my lap I should be 8 weeks today. I started spotting Friday and rang my epu ASAP they booked me in for an emergancy scan which was yesterday. I had an.internal scan which showed gestational sac and yolk sac.measuring perfectly and there is no reason found for the bleeding I have another scan.in two weeks. I got up today and there is more brown blood only when.I wipe. I am so confused please someone help!!

Same as me jade. Thy still haven't found a cause for the bleeding. I'm sitting waiting for a consultant right now.... If she manages to she's any light I'll update you.

I'm almost 14 weeks now though - baby still seems to be doing well. The spotting is driving ME insane with worry though!!

No answers. My cervix looks good but red. My consultant thinks it might be just cervical bleeding occasionally as there is no sign of bleeding in the uterus. I've to keep a note of the spotting and if it starts again go for a blood test in the day it happens. (I have a platelet/clotting disorder so they think my platelet numbers may be dropping g on the days I bleed :shrug: )

Hang in there hun - I know it's hard but if baby looks good then all is well for now :hugs:

Thanks for the reply and.update. My spotting has stopped now altogether it was just the brown when.I wiped :-/ I am only about 5 weeks so they suggested it could be implantation bleeding as they found Np cause of the bleed also morning sickness.has started majorly so.I'm not too worried but it's stillbirth the backlog my mind!! At least both you and baby are fine! That's the.main thing xx

I am bleeding a lot in this pregnancy. I have clot/ platelets disorder too. I had spottings at 7,8,14 weeks..brown and red once. A huge bleeding from 16th to 20 weeks I needed to stay in icu. Get 6 bottles of plasma, doses of vitamin k in order to clot my blood.
My bleeding was termed as unexplained bleeding and later they found a big hematoma ( blood clot) inside.
So hang on. No uterine bleeding is actually a good sign. I will be 24 weeks tomorrow and still wipe blood sometimes. It's so scary! Specially aftrr 3 losses, ivf and long hospital stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->